Provide overall administrative and technical management, from bid preparation to project completion, on large, complex water/wastewater and/or industrialfacilities.
As the prime advocate of the construction process, you will be responsible for the organization and coordination of electrical field construction activities, including overall electrical construction staff direction and guidance.
Coordinate with multiple electrical trade subcontractors to ensure facility is constructed in accordance with design intent and act as an advocate of the construction process when interfacing with project management and the design team.
Will interface with the project design team to help the resolution of design issues in a manner as to minimize the potential impact on the construction process.
Facilitate staff development by serving as mentor and role model
• Provide training, support, guidance, and assistance in goal setting
• Act as mentor regarding safety to promote safety among peers and subordinates
Ensure project is built on schedule
• Manage design team during initial design phase; identify design problems and recommend improvements
• Manage vendors and subcontractors
• Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site management and/or lower level project managers
• Investigate potentially serious situations; implement corrective measures • Coordinate activities with other members of project team
Manage financial aspects of projects
• Monitor budget as work progresses
• Prepare and negotiate project billings
• Negotiate subcontracts
• Oversee procurement of equipment and materials; negotiate purchase orders
• Identify, estimate, quote and negotiate changes to contract
• Approve invoices and time sheets
Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards
• Develop budgets and schedules
• Establish staffing levels
May assist in development of proposals
• Establish scope of work and resources required to successfully complete project
• Direct the preparation of estimate for project
Develop/manage relationships with existing and prospective clients
• Assist in marketing and pursuit of new business
• As liaison with client, maintain continual open communication
• Represent company in project meetings
* Perform additional duties as assigned
All CDM Smith employees must: Follow all requirements of the company safety program. Take personal responsibility for Safety in working environment. Promote safety among peers, subordinates and supervisors. Follow all requirements of the company quality management system. Take personal responsibility for Quality in working environment. Promote quality among peers, subordinates and supervisors.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in related field with 10 years relevant experience or 15 plus years of progressively responsibleexperience in lieu of degree, constructing large, complex industrialfacilities including water/wastewater treatment plants, chemical plants, refineries etc.
Must be able to travel regionally.
Must have thorough knowledge of industry practices, processes, design, finance, and management;
Able to communicate complex concepts and ideas to colleagues and clients; performs active listening;
Proficient personal computer skills including current Administrative, Financial, and Scheduling software or similar products;
1. Knowledge of Accubid estimating software preferred
2. Master Electrician’s license a plus
Demonstrates an understanding of how business works and a keenness and depth of perception in practical matters of financial and behavioral tendencies to enable good, quick business decisions with an appreciation of their impact. Thorough knowledge of company policies, procedures, and standards;
Amount of Travel Required