Project Management Specialist Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Develop a detailed schedule for project launch from early development stage to mass production, including sustaining engineering efforts. Manage project to ensure team members meet milestone expectations and direct communication between team members as well as communicate with customer to manage project milestones.
Project Manager Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the successful outcome of various developmental projects or sustainability projects – will typically manage multiple projects simultaneously while supporting Business Development activities at the same time.
- Manage project staff to complete project requirements on time and on budget.
- Regularly report project and staffing issues to the Management team.
- Manage client expectations and interface with client personnel, working to build positive, long lasting relationships with all clients.
- Work with clients to achieve substantial completion and final project acceptance/signoff on all projects.
- Close coordination with the Sales, Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain organizations is required at all times.
- Work both hands-on and analytically, as well as ability to successfully manage projects with an eye towards budget and timeline.
- Coordinate as needed with client representatives (i.e., Customer personnel).
- Understand design and application aspects of batteries as they are used and implemented in a Customer applications and/or devices.
- Manage the project schedule and the various activities as it pertains to meeting the project timelines.
- Provide support during the first article inspection (FAI) of the system in order to obtain final inspection approval.
- Lead the team during periodic design reviews, leading to a final product.
- Coordinate any change orders that may take place on projects.
- Develop monthly cash forecasts and spend models and manage project milestones in accordance with cash management guidelines. Regularly provide project financial data to PIDSA Management team for corporate reporting purposes.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Technical degree and proven experience in project management required
- 5+ years of successful project management experience integrating solutions is required.
- Project Management Certification or other accreditation within the industry.
- Proven results with successful product launches, resulting in revenue wins.
- Experience working with or for a global company
- Japanese/English Fluency a plus, but not required
- Must be capable of solving complex project and engineering challenges with minimal assistance, as well as working with other Project Management & Engineering staff to manage through challenges. Focus on and promptly manage through any sensitive or critical project issues.
- Ability to manage a project relative to a potentially complex contract and schedule
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to provide clear and detailed technical reports and presentations.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment as well as work in self-directed independent projects.
- Must be self-motivated with an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Communicate effectively with other Panasonic engineering staff and Executive Management, key customers, executive and project management staff for our clients and partners (in USA, Mexico, China and Japan).
- Communicate sales and diligence functions.
- Coordination between multiple suppliers, subcontractors and project level agreements
- Travel up to 25% may be required visiting manufacturing locations, vendor locations, and/or customer locations throughout the world.
- Manage project teams in a high pressure dynamic environment. Typical projects will range from $1M to $10M and Project Managers are expected to support multiple projects of this size.
- Responsible for managing client expectations, project profit and loss, project expense, project design, project schedule, project procurement and management of project subcontractors and related budget. In addition, provide supervision and mentoring to less experienced Project Management staff.
- Contract values for projects typically exceed the $1M+ range.
What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package