Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region's best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Octo Consulting Group is seeking an Intermediate Project Management Specialist to join our growing team. The position requires an understanding of Project Management principles to provide effective operational support to a major U.S. Army command. The Intermediate Project Management Specialist will manage various tasks at multiple sites and will collaborate regularly with the vendor and government Integrated Product Team (IPT) Leads in support of the mission.
Primary job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support project cost, schedule and performance by maintaining the tempo and identifying problem areas that need improvement
- Daily reporting of project status to leadership and stakeholders
- Analyze the action and management plans developed by Government Managers in an effort to link the identified goals and strategies to the annual and multi-year goals
- Interact with Stakeholders to ensure complete understanding of project status
- Develop briefing slides distributed to various stakeholders detailing project status and risk
- Develop documentation, including transition memos and recommended modifications to contracts, to support project related activities
- Manage and update project schedules in Project Server in concert with the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) team
- Develop technical documentation, collect and analyze technical literature, organize descriptive copies, provide clarity and conciseness to written documents
- Review documentation in support of program related activities including transition memos, modifications to contracts, Statements of Work (SOW), and funding and contract documents
- Support program plans, estimates, baseline budget and identify cost and risk
- Conduct weekly team meetings to discuss cost, schedule and performance
- Participate as a member of an Integrated Product Team (IPT) to render activities into actionable solutions
- Lead weekly In Progress Reviews (IPRs) for all active projects
Skills & Requirements
- Candidates must have a minimum of five years or more experience in providing project management support of Project Management, Engineering, or Information Technology
- Clear understanding of Army structure and experience working across all levels of Army Commands
- Knowledge of Army Program Executive Office (PEO) project management methodology regarding project Cost, Schedule, Performance, and Risk management
- Basic understanding of information technology networks, cyber security and information security
- Strong organizational management skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks, manage program and leadership calendars, and support the day to day operations of a high-visibility program office.
- Understanding of government contracting, budgets, costs and logistics.
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills in High-OPTEMPO environment.
- Capable of using MS Office tools (Outlook; Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Project) to prepare documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Excellent communication skills (writing, speaking and listening).
- A proactive attitude that allows the flexibility to adapt and adjust to meet short suspenses and changing mission requirements
- Self-starter and team player
Optional Desired Skills
- Certified PMP
- Previous contract or procurement experience
- Experience in Telephony, VoIP, Network Modernization, and Outside Plant technologies
- Bachelor's Degree from a recognized and accredited university, or equivalent
- Active DOD Secret required
- Fort Belvoir, VA
- This position may require up to 20% CONUS travel per year
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of the time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
- Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 40 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
- Individual's primary workstation is located in an office area
- The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
Octo is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.