Responsible for the coordination and management of major projects or programs designated by the Dean, Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and Administration, and Associate Dean of Research, Assessment & Operations, and the Administrative Officer to the Dean.
This position will report to the Administrative Officer to the Dean and may be responsible for providing limited supervision for one or more functions within the College and 8 Academic Departments. Responsible for performing some non- supervisory duties in addition to supervisory responsibilities. May make recommendations performance evaluations based on contributions to assigned projects.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Internal contacts include all university department administrators, faculty, staff, and students. External contacts include alumni, vendors, visitors, general public, community partners and officials.
- Reviews proposals to determine costs, timeline, funding, staffing requirements, and goals.
- Responsible for data collection, writing, editing, and completing the Annual Report, Departmental self study reports, and bi-weekly College Newsletter.
- Planning and facilitating Interprofessional Students Day, Annual Health Disparities Conference, Graduation, White Coat Ceremonies, Nursing Pinning Ceremonies, Allied Health Honors Ceremonies, Bi- Annual Fundraising Soiree, Annual Career Fairs, and All Hands Meetings.
- Formally plans, assigns, directs, coordinates, and facilitates the work of these functions.
- Implement standard operating procedures and processes for all tasks and projects assigned.
- Develop, administer, and evaluate major programs or projects that support the goals and objectives of the College's Strategic Plan.
- Responsible for interacting and developing partnerships with other departments, and work units in order to attain department goals and objectives.
- Conduct research as appropriate to projects or initiatives within the work unit.
- Serve as a member of the department's management team by participating on the strategic planning committee, bylaws committee, staffing decisions, and other key areas.
- May be assigned budgetary responsibilities.
- Provide guidance and consistency in policy and procedure decisions within work unit.
- Serve as a liaison to community organizations and customers to meet departmental goals and program requirements.
- May have training responsibilities related to the department, employees, or outside customers. Manage all Human Resource components; hiring procedures, Epars/Npars.
- Manage College website maintenance and updates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Effective leadership and management skills; experience, strategic planning and assessment, goal setting and evaluation desired but not required.
- Skill in program development and execution; experience managing a large complicated budgets.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Documented success as an innovator and creative problem solver.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with staff, faculty, students, University officials and the general public
- Computer proficiencies: Windows, MS Office Suite, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet applications, Adobe Pro/DC.
5 years of relevant experience.