This position is responsible for developing and implementing the planning, management and execution of multiple concurrent interrelated complex projects whose combined success is critical to the organizations overall strategic objectives and initiatives, including the development of recommendations for the prioritization of individual singular projects comprising overall major project(s). Incumbent facilitates and fosters collaboration, both horizontally and vertically within the organization, including across diverse areas and multiple states, to facilitate the implementation of business solutions, serving as the primary interface between executive project sponsors and the project team. Serves as a subject matter expert on the utilization of project management tools and methodology, ensuring an integrated approach resulting in the successful implementation of projects; provides coaching in effective project management methodologies and behaviors, ranging from routine to advanced.
- Oversees major projects comprised of multiple, interdependent sub-projects, which includes coordinating dependencies between key tactics and milestones within the sub-projects in order to realize the overall collective benefit of the major project.
- Consults with and is accountable to executive sponsors for the review of major project proposals and collaboration to identify project goals, time frames, funding limitations, and allotment of resources. Leads related subset project teams to define and obtain consensus on complex project charter including scope, objectives, assumptions, deliverables, constraints, and obtaining, verifying and establishing the project budget. Determines and executes sponsor approval process. Works with department leaders to obtain appropriately skilled project resources. Assumes direct responsibility for major project success, including the success of related sub-projects comprising the major project.
- Plans major interrelated projects and prioritizes related subset projects; uses the work breakdown structure to drive the development of the integrated work plan; creates and implements issues management plan, risk management plan, communication plan, change management plan, and relationship management plan.
- Serves as the primary liaison between the executive sponsor and the project team; facilitates project, sponsor, and change control meetings and coordinates the interaction with other departments. Develops and makes presentations to senior management and large audiences using executive level content while understanding the details.
- Manages, develops, and carries out project level communication plans, ensuring key stakeholder awareness. Communicates across all levels of the organization. Builds team cohesiveness and motivates team members.
- Manages and controls multiple interrelated singular projects to successful overall major project completion, providing leadership to project team members throughout the major project lifecycle and ensuring the work and resulting deliverables are in alignment with and in support of overall major project objectives. Administers and facilitates change management processes to control project scope, schedule and budget changes, including identifying, coordinating, and working to reconcile conflicts associated with resource availability. Proactively identifies and manages potential project risks before they materialize. Serves as the first level of project escalation. Manages overall project budget to obtain synergies and realize cost savings.
- Facilitates major project closure, including the identification and communication of lessons learned; facilitates the transition from project to production for all aspects and team members.
- Participates in formulating the design and direction of project management standards and policies within the department. Leads development of standard project management tools and methodologies.
Must possess strong business and project management knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in business, computer science or related field and experience typically gained through 6 years of progressively responsible technical project management experience, including the management of system-wide projects involving multiple individual projects, in a healthcare environment or an equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business, information technology and healthcare experience.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required.Depending on assigned area of responsibility, may require licensure in specialty area (ie, Pharmacy, RRT, Nursing)
Skilled in influencing and gaining support from a variety of individuals in order to engage support in high-profile projects. Skilled at facilitating negotiations resulting in desired outcomes. Knowledge of principles, strategies, and desirable results for managing large-scale, multi-disciplinary efforts comprising parallel projects. Proven track record of managing large-scale, interdisciplinary, high risk, large budget projects. Must demonstrate general knowledge of information technology and healthcare industry. Needs experience in large scale complex project planning and reporting. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical, non-technical, and senior management audiences. Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. Ability to mentor less experienced team member.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.