The Project Management & Procurement Specialist will work with members of the IS department, firm personnel and attorneys, on leading the firm Project Management Office (PMO), managing project alignment, resource management, conducting project conferences, and coordinating on other project related tasks. The Specialist also serves as the central resource for procurement & purchasing related responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementing a comprehensive project management plan for each project, and inputting project summary, scope, milestones, tasks, and resource alignment, into the Firm project management platform;
- Leading and serving as primary head of project standardization by way of methods and process, and building consistency across the entire project lifecycle & existing or future portfolio;
- Conduct and lead stakeholder meetings and consistent periodic project update conferences to check in on the progress, needs, success, resource allocation, scheduling, and outstanding items, of each project, until completion;
- Perform procurement related tasks such as material, hardware, software or supply purchasing, for the IS Department, Firm, or specific project, with approved & authorized Firm suppliers;
- Centralize project and IS Department related cost centers, including vendor invoices, purchasing, Purchase Order requests, cost recovery, and refunds/returns;
- Coordinate on purchasing, subscriptions or account creation for various projects, such as the opening of a new office or coordinating with providers we have a subscription with (i.e. telecommunications, Internet, MPLS, etc.);
- Work toward consolidating purchasing and sourcing material from as few providers as possible, and being cognizant of both costs and areas for cost reduction;
- Lead organization tasks around annualized department budget, including status, record keeping and budget alignment/performance over the course of a calendar year and on a historical trend;
- Determine and document customer requirements for business processes and align all Firm goals within the same mentality & approach;
- Prioritize initiatives based on business needs and requirements;
- Serve as liaison to various other Business Services groups within the Firm, such as Accounting or Human Resources, to identify project related work or opportunities for projects, which promote or enhance Firm efficiency or process simplification;
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share opinions, issues, ideas and findings;
- Manage projects and communicate both positive/negative positions to all those involved;
- Escalate substantial project deficiencies or misalignment with goals to the Chief Information Officer via consistently provided KPI reports, project updates, and summaries based on facts with opinion.
- Maintaining a consistent commitment toward professional growth and achievement through education, skill building, & training resources.
- Measures project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Creates and manages analytical reports for project management and procurement.
- Analyzes information to determine the needs of stakeholders and facilitates communication between organizational units.
- Performs audits of physical equipment, digital subscriptions and software.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Experience and exposure to the common project management frameworks, such as PMI, Agile and ITIL;
- Ability and adeptness at managing multiple concurrent tasks & projects;
- Excellent attention to detail, focus, and communication skills.
- 7+ years of Information Technologyexperience, with a focus on project management;
- A BS in the Information Technology or a related field highly desirable, but not required;
- Experience working with legal industry applications on the enterprise administration side, such as Microsoft Project, Teamwork.com, or Zoho Projects.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Positive attitude, team player, good interpersonal communication skills and able to work across company departments.