What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be managing all engineering, maintenance, and enhancements to the Outside Plant Telephony Network, including structures, cables, and associated equipment. This critical role will coordinate with a variety of teams and have direct contact with business and residential customers. You’ll work in diverse environments, both indoors and outdoors, to solve complex problems and implement innovative solutions to keep our customers happy.
- Working with Wireline & Wireless teams and vendors to drive all aspects of the extensive One Fiber build in the Chicago market.
- Being responsible for escalating issues to meet tight timelines and working with engineering on solutions to mitigate reasons for delay.
- Market reporting and working in our various systems to ensure proper status is relayed is also a critical function.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Understanding of Outside Plant Engineering project flow.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a wide range of simultaneous activities; ability to quickly change direction.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of and displays strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).