Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing major, highly complex project initiatives which have significant financial impact and involves significant internal and/or external resources within an assigned function. Projects include product development, integration, technology, conversions and other special projects as approved. Exercises great latitude in managing the initiation, planning, execution, controlling and closing processes on projects. May be responsible for determining regulatory reporting requirements.
Essential Job Functions
- Identifies, integrates and manages requiredinternal and external resources to provide business solutions for groups most complex business issues, while able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Develops and implements detailed project plans, including new products, conversion/integration, merger projects and other projects as assigned with minimal direction from project stakeholders. Independently manages the planning, documenting, testing and evaluations.
- Oversees the entire project life cycle of detailed project plans using standard project methodology including due diligence information gathering, analysis and reporting. Develops and presents written project plans and develops and delegates project tasks including test plan and acceptance testing.
- Initiates the design and implementation of the operational and technical aspects of the project plans and develops and supports programming requests to meet project goals after upon thorough discussion with project stakeholders.
- Oversees test and project task development and implementation. Evaluates and provides written and verbal updates on project status; financialforecasting , budget planning, administration, and reporting project costs, written project closing analysis, budget/actual comparisons and change management reporting.
- Establishes milestones as needed for reporting to appropriate management levels and communicates budget and status milestones as defined for the project.
- Oversees large project teams, which consists of members reporting to functional managers within the Business Group, third party vendors, and consultants. Provides leadership, motivation and establishes a teamwork environment for the project team, and advises, influences and coaches team members in the development and achievement of project goals. Facilitates and leads team meetings.
- Monitors project progress towards project goals, coaches and motivates team members to make needed adjustments in plans to meet milestones and to achieve goals. Facilitates and documents lessons learned on projects to use on future projects.
Other Job Duties
- Participate in industry tradeworking groups
- Maintain high level understanding of basic and complex technical requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad management knowledge to lead project teams in one department.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires 10-12years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Manages project teams consisting of staff assigned from the various departments throughout the Bank and/or vendors providing service or support for the Bank, affected by the assigned project.
- Recognizes project issues and concerns requiring resolution in a timely and professional manner and addresses them with management and appropriate staff members.
- Prepares documentation defining policies to be established with management’s approval, providing supporting documentation and specifications as needed.