Project Management Manager / Director
• This position is responsible for the leadership of a team of business-side project management resources.
• The types of projects managed within the Business Change & Delivery organization are quite varied and could include: the introduction of a new business process, migration of work to a new site, a new team or a new vendor, loan migrations, implementation of new IT capability, or execution of a large or highly visible compliance initiative.
• This resource will also be involved in ensuring the portfolio of projects managed by the team are prioritized properly and executed per the planned milestone dates.
• This resource will be a point of escalation for significant project issues that arise and will work closely with our IT and business partners to resolve issues regarding priorities, resources, cost, etc.
Essential Functions/Specific Duties:
• Business Acumen: Ability to understand the business process and assist our business partners with the scope definition and business case for new initiatives. Challenge ideas that are not aligned with the overall vision and direction of the organization.
• Team Leadership:
o Manage team of project managers supporting all of Mortgage Servicing
o Provide input into budget and planning for department
o Evaluate subordinates' performance and recommend pay increases, promotions, terminations, etc.
o Provide leadership regarding documentation created and processes executed by business project management staff
o Efectively communicate issues to both technical and non-technical resources.
o Facilitate meetings with business and IT leaders to resolve complex issues or make key decisions
o Engage in effective communication to inspire team members to perform their very best
o Engage in complex and/or highly variable issues with substantial potential impact to assist project managers in resolving issues
o Gather feedback from our business partners on a regular basis to monitor the quality of our work
o Monitor the status of the projects in our portfolio to ensure we are meeting our milestone targets
o Work with business partners to continue to assess the business value stream as each project moves through the project lifecycle
• Education: Bachelor’s degree strongly desired
o 8+ years prior project management experience
o Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management and project life cycle
o Experience running both business and IT projects
o 4+ years managing people, preferably project management resources
o Prior experience and knowledge of project management techniques, tools, and software with an SDLC waterfall methodology focus.
o Experience with agile methodologies are are plus
o Proven experience in strategic planning, change management, and/or risk management
o Knowledge of the mortgage industry strongly preferred