*Project Management Opportunities (IT)
Date: Nov 16, 2017
Location: Erie, PA, US, 16530
Job requisition: 2401Share this Job
Erie insurance Group is currently seeking Project and Program Manager level candidates due to growth. Candidates may have experience in either IT or non-IT related project roles.
These positions are integral to the expansion and ongoing management of ERIE's various systems and departments.
Strong knowledge in Project Management systems/tools as well as methodologies including Agile & Waterfall strongly preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, monitors and leads medium-to-large projects of moderate-to-high complexity from initiation through completion.
- Leads project team while ensuring right talent is assigned at the right time.
- Maintains expertise in the principles and techniques required for the software development life cycle. Maintains knowledge of programming languages, IT databases, operating systems and platforms.
- Utilizes an intermediate understanding of the project lifecycle to prepare, analyze and maintain detailed project work plans and schedules using project-planning tools and ERIE guidelines.
- Applies project management best practices around scope, budget, schedule and change control.
- Monitors project health and recommends schedule changes, cost adjustments and resource allocations to ensure optimal project performance.
- Creates sound project forecasts.
- Builds and manages key stakeholder relationships to ensure alignment of critical objectives, gain key insights, and enable imperative buy-in.
- Monitors quality of project deliverables. Ensures completion of required quality reviews and obtains appropriate approvals for assigned projects.
- Prepares and maintains project logs to record risks and issues and monitor resolution of each issue.
- Coordinates the involvement of outside service providers required for assigned projects. Works with appropriate personnel to establish contractual terms and conditions.
- Defines, develops and provides information to drive the decision-making process and support business operations. Summarizes variance between plan and actual progress.
- Develops and delivers reports to key stakeholders summarizing objectives, deliverables, status and metrics.
- Reviews technology related costs identified for projects to ensure cost effective technical designs and problem solutions. Identifies, analyzes and implements appropriate industry best practices. Prepares Authorization for Expenditures (AFE).
- Schedules meetings, prepares agendas and ensures meeting minutes are prepared.
Ability to Manage Complexity
Developing And Maintaining Relationships
Information Management Skills
Planning And Organizing
Minimum Required Education Equivalents • Bachelor's degree in business, finance, management information systems, project management, or related field and five years of project management experience; or • Associate's degree in business, finance, management information systems, project management, or related field and seven years related project management experience; or • High school diploma, or GED, and nine years related project management experience. Strong knowledge of project lifecycle including systems development methods, programming languages, IT platforms and change management concepts required. In-depth knowledge of project planning techniques and automated project planning tools required. Understanding of insurance industry preferred. Proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing, graphics and database software required. Preferred Designations • Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) • Project Management Professional (PMP) • Six-sigma green belt • Related insurance designations
Lifting 0-20 lbs; Occasional (<20%)
Lifting 20-50 lbs; Occasional (<20%)
Lifting Over 50 lbs; Rarely
Driving; Occasional (<20%)
Manual Keying/Data Entry; Frequent (50-80%)