A Project Management Engineer evaluates the existing AC/DC, HVAC architecture and the requirements of a given network project or reliability issue and determines if there is a need for additional AC/DC, HVAC equipment to facilitate the existing and planned network equipment. The engineer then prepares a detailed Work Order using vendor quotes including the Bill of Materials and the Labor required for the AC/DC, HVAC system addition or replacement.
This person will work as a team member with engineers from transmission or IOF (inter-office facilities), central office, traffic, OSP, Shared Services, and Network Planning to support the implementation of AC/DC power and HVAC needed for network services. This individual will be responsible for managing multiple projects at once and working with vendors to prepare detailed engineering plans and designs. These tasks include creating engineering projects that place AC/DC, HVAC equipment that supports Ethernet, DS1 and DS3 orders, DSLAM installations as well as facilitating the project’s completion utilizing Engineer Furnish & Install (EF&I) vendors.
The engineer owns the technical and financialresponsibilities for the entire project through to completion.
Duties & Responsibilities in this position
Will have responsibility for a geographic area regarding AC/DC power, HVAC in Central Offices and four wall buildings for the state of Texas and/or assist in other duties outside of the area as assigned.
Network capital project ownership, oversight, and advisor
- Provide guidance and support to installation EF&I vendors.
- Have an understanding of capital and how to control capital spending through business case development.
- Will need to able to travel occasionally to conduct site surveys, vendor bid meetings, and meet with internal leadership.
Required Experience & Knowledge
- Four yeardegree in technology field and at least 2 years of experience in DC power engineering and design and implementation roles in small to large DC power plants and HVAC systems.
- Project management skills - Must have able to manage multiple priorities in a technical environment with ability to report and track project progress through good project management techniques.
- Knowledge of DC power plant components and design.
- Knowledge of HVAC components and design.
- Aptitude for learning company systems such as Infinium, Covango, LCAM, PATS, SharePoint, Varasset, etc.
- Financial Analysis - Must be comfortable facilitating projects and making technical and financial decisions.
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong analytical aptitude.
- Strong English-language written and oral communications skills. Must be comfortable presenting and be able to provide appropriate level of materials to all audiences - executive, engineering, marketing, and customer.
- Knowledge of Power Point, Microsoft Word, and Excel.