Project Management Director
Areas of Interest
Construction, Project Management
Austin - Texas - United States of America, San Francisco - California - United States of America, San Jose - California - United States of America About the role
This is an exciting and rewarding position with our Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) team! Our Project Management positions are designed for growth and lead to a multitude of career pathways at CBRE!
The purpose of the Project Management Director is to assure highly visible construction projects are designed and completed in accordance with an approved project design, budget, and schedule pursuant to client needs. The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge of construction and installation methodologies, planning and scheduling processes, contract terms, building codes, and financial reporting. The incumbent will be leading a cohesive team that is dedicated to the ongoing improvement and growth of the business unit's success.What you'll do:
What you'll need:
- Responsible for financial performance of market, program, and client accounts including budgeting, actual results, forecasting and reporting. Responsible for billing (including documentation required for revenue recognition), accounts receivable (AR) collection, expense monitoring and control, staffing (including allocation, if applicable) and full P&L to EBITDA before all allocations.
- Interacts regularly with client(s) to ensure that goals and objectives are established and achieved. Develops and implements action plans to correct variances. Anticipates and responds to the client's needs and concerns.
- Manages and leads project management staff in the market and ensures thorough staff understanding and implementation of operations, policies, and procedures. Formally supervises individual employees and/or subordinate supervisors. Responsible for identifying tracking performance, coaching, training needs, and motivating direct reports and work group. Directly or indirectly responsible for hiring, terminating, compensation, and performance evaluation for direct reports and work group.
- Directs all phases of project management including procurement/contracting, initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closeout phases of the project. Key focus areas include scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk management.
- Develops new business growth and maintains existing business relationships. Responsible for business pursuits, integration with other CBRE business lines, and cross-selling our CBRE business in the assigned geographic market, program or client account to achieve the company's strategic business objectives.
- Exhibits a complete understanding of company's corporate governance policies and procedures. Responsible for ensuring corporate governance policies and procedures are adhered to within work group.
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and compliant contract procurement, contract negotiation, contract execution, contract administration, and closeout. Contracts included company's agreements, client/vendor agreements, company/vendor and supplier agreements. Monitors adherence to policies and procedures regarding internal governance and controls.
- Demonstrates ability to identify complex project risks, lead constructability reviews, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks for client and company.
- Oversees the preparation of accurate, timely, and complete reports to the client and company.
- Participates in civic and business organizations. Conducts and maintains relationships with industry and trade associates, vendors, and professional organizations.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university is required.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of comprehensive experience in commercial real estate project management.
- Experience in leading a diverse workforce including project management, operations, sales, and finance.
- A solid understanding of the real estate industry in the areas of financial analysis, project management, construction, ethical practices, business operations, marketing, and business development.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
- CBRE has a culture of respect, integrity, service, and excellence that shapes our approach to every opportunity.
- CBRE offers excellent and comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance, 401(K), Dental, Vision, Life insurance, and more!
CBRE carefully considers multiple factors to determine compensation, including a candidate's education, training, and experience. The minimum salary for the Project Management Director position is $200,000 annually and the maximum salary for the Project Management Director position is $230,000 annually. The compensation that is offered to a successful candidate will depend on the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. Successful candidates will also be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on CBRE's applicable benefit program. This role will provide the following benefits: 401(K), Dental insurance, Health insurance, Life insurance, and Vision insurance.
NOTE: Some, but not all, of our positions may have an additional requirement to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing. If you have questions about the requirement(s) for this position, please inform your Recruiter.