The Project Manager (PM) Advisor is responsible for providing program/project oversight, day-to-day management, leadership, direction, and administration across the full project lifecycle (team formation, planning, requirements, design, build, test, deployment, and warranty support) on medium to large size/complexity projects. The PM Advisor will work with Business and IT teams to ensure that all managed projects fully comply with CVS Health PMO SDLC standards, approved business requirements, and time/cost commitments while maintaining the highest levels of business and user satisfaction. The PM Advisor will also provide support and guidance to less senior team members.
The PM Advisor will manage project teams of 5 to 20+ indirect/matrix reports, consisting of CVS Health and non-CVS Health employees. The PM Advisor, requiring minimal supervision, will be responsible for effectively managing team/stakeholder expectations and engagement through clear communication of roles and responsibilities and regular status updates. The PM Advisor is also responsible for providing timely feedback and written project reviews for each CVS Health indirect report.
Management of assigned projects including team formation and management, plan creation (scope, schedule, and budget), and project execution. Deliver all assigned projects in full compliance with CVS Health SDLC standards and KPI, and as documented in formal project requirements, on-time, on-budget, and with high quality. Effective relationship management with IT functional and business teams that contributes to the reputation of the PMO. Skilled delegation and leadership by example to help CVS Health develop our people to their full potential while delivering top performance. Ensuring project purchasing, infrastructure, and other less common needs are met through proactive engagement of special support teams and in compliance with PMO process standards.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope, within budget, and in full compliance of CVS Health PMO SDLC process and KPI requirements
2. Produce regular and thorough stakeholder communications
3. Assist in the definition and documentation of project scope ensuring all relevant SME's are engaged to produce competent and comprehensive functional and non-functional requirements
4. Produce a detailed project plan and monitor and control activities to remain on plan
5. Manage resource availability, allocation, and project financials
6. Manage changes to scope, schedule, and cost in compliance with PMO SDLC process
7. Perform risk management assessment and ongoing review and mitigation
8. Work within scope of authority to resolve project issues escalating when necessary
9. Ensure required project artifacts are completed in compliance with PMO process and stored in the project repository
10. Excellent written and verbal skills
11. Strong management, team, and stakeholder communication and conflict resolution skills
12. Experience working with multiple teams, delegating work, and ensuring team efficiency
13. Demonstrated experience resolving complex business problems/issues/risks
14. Ability to work with business users, understand their needs, and translate such into final project deliverables
15. Ability to work with technical resources, understand their needs and coordinate their efforts to deliver the final project solution
5+ years successful Program/Project Management of medium to large scale projects including the following:
- 5+ years SDLC experience
- Project Management certification
- Health care, insurance, pharmacy or PBM experience is a plus
- Understanding of project and software development methodologies such as Waterfall, SDLC, Agile, RUP, etc... e development methodologies such as Waterfall, SDLC, Agile, RUP, etc...
- Strong Microsoft Office (including MS Project) skills
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline with information technology focus required.
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.