Project Maintenance Engineer
Pasadena, Texas, United States
Our client is experiencing growth and they are seeking a full-time Project and Maintenance Engineer. You will review and approve as appropriate all detailed engineering deliverables and vendor information, review and approve all procurement activities, coordinate expediting of material and equipment delivery, provide follow up field support, coordinate with the host site, set up and participate in inspection activities and equipment testing, follow up on project implementation progress and contingency run down, set up and coordinate all punch listing activities, and provide the necessary input to the job data books in the assigned area of responsibility. You will support the Tolling and Production Engineers on new process implementation by providing cost estimates and detailed execution time estimates for the proposed projects. You will support the Maintenance Department and improve the reliability of the operating assets of the site. You will be responsible for a capital budget of around $2MM per year.
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products as our highest priority.
- Prepare and administer programs, methods, systems, and practices for reducing costs and improving employee and plant efficiency, safety, productivity, and reliability.
- Coordinate mechanical maintenance activities for proper, safe execution of plant turnarounds. Aggressively seek to minimize cost and duration of shutdown activities.
- Establish and monitor key measures to ensure that a comprehensive and effective maintenance and reliability program is in place and that the Maintenance Excellence Process is practiced.
- Provide technical expertise to reduce costs and improve process uptime and mechanical reliability.
- Participate in the planning and scheduling program, and its effectiveness, through the use of established benchmarks and parameters.
- Control maintenance expenditures within budget requirements by monitoring expenditures, adjusting priorities, and forecasting maintenance needs.
- Coordinate and direct the use of outside resources assigned to the plan.
- Responsible for the delivery of capital and expense project scope elements within budget and schedule.
- Oversees completeness and accuracy of project team's work. Guides team to overall project objectives.
- Supports the Processing Teams and Process Engineers on new process implementation by providing cost estimates and detailed execution time estimates for the proposed projects.
- Cost control and quality control on projects.
- Planning, design and construction phases of projects.
- Assists with capital budget planning and prioritization throughout the year.
- Stay abreast of new technologies, catalysts, and chemicals.
- Perform various tasks that might be assigned by the Maintenance and Engineering or Plant Manager.
- Perform various Process Safety Management System duties including leading the preparation and completion of process hazard analyses or PHAs
- Abide by all HSE policies and guidelines
- Supervise third-party constructioncontractors and in-house maintenance teams.
- Minimum Education: BS Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or an approved equivalent.
- Minimum Work Experience: 5 or more year's relevant experiencepreferred
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with pumps, centrifugal compressors, centrifuges, cooling towers, gearboxes, refrigeration equipment, vacuum pumps and mechanical seals.
- Experience with plant mechanical integrity programs and vibration analysis.
- Ability to manage costs, design, implement, and maintain systems designed to optimize the performance of the maintenance function.
- Knowledge of industry codes, regulations, and best practices.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.