Purpose of Job:
Global Wholesale RiskTechnology (GWRT) delivers and manages technology solutions to enable Global Banking & Markets (GBM) to better serve our customers. GWRT is responsible for providing technology support and business solutions through technology for GBM.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Corporate Lending Technology, the Project Leader resource will provide business line support from front to back office in Corporate Lending.
- Assist the Senior Manager/Project Manager in resolving highly complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the needs of the supported Line of Business, by applying their financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, and liaising with the users.
- Participate in the systems implementation process by developing test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
- Manage multi-disciplinary projects to implement solutions to business problems. This involves planning, defining business requirements and processes, preparing business case proposals, developing testing, conversion, and implementation strategies, developing detailed project plans, monitoring progress against planned objectives, financial review, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management.
- Provide business support to all units globally, including new and existing product and deal structuring, ad hoc queries and MIS, user training, and designing and implementing systems enhancements. This is made more challenging due to differences in time zones and the variation in the business lines.
- Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the Division's business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
- Assist the Senior Manager /Project Manager by providing backup support to the project manager, and assisting with the development of detailed project plans and monitoring of progress against planned objectives.
- Provide support to manage the life cycle of strategies needed to implement Originations initiatives in conjunction with the other IBS Technology groups. Ensuring all initiatives leverage best practices and are prioritized in alignment with the Business lines.
- Manage multiple small projects and/or lead specific sections of large projects to implement solutions to business needs. This involves planning and scheduling resources, developing detailed project plans, monitoring progress against planned objectives, project financial review, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and management.
- Participate in the systems implementation process by participating and providing input to business requirements and processes, developing test strategies and test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, develop implementation strategies, verifying and validating implementation, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
- Use diplomacy, judgment, and persuasion to secure agreement and co-operation from departments involved in a project
- Systems & process knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) & Project Management
- Strong in Open Technology development (e.g. Java 7 and up, experience with Hibernate, JPA, JUnit, MVC, RDBMS, noSQL, REST API, Python)
- Experience with solution design/requirement analysis for mid-large size project
- Experience with latest automated build/integration/testing tools: e.g. Maven, Bamboo, Ansible, Artifactory, GitHub, Selenium, is an asset
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment, and familiar with Agile development practice, i.e., Automated Testing, Test Driven Development, CI/CD
- A recognized under-graduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline, along with minimum 5 years of practical experience is required.
- Prior experience in Corporate Lending Products, Processes and Technologies is an asset
Requisition ID: 21135