The Project Leader is responsible for managing multiple moderate to highly complex manufacturing engineering projects for new products with minimal direction. Individuals in this position will provide project management and necessary technical direction to assure successful and timely implementation of projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership over moderate to highly complex manufacturing projects and new product implementations. Provides direction, guidance and engineering expertise to team members. Review work of design engineers, process engineers and other project team members.
- Responsible for the completion of assigned manufacturing projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
- Communicates, both verbal and written, to assure all groups are working toward the goal of timely project completion. Communicate technical details, ideas, and concepts to engineers and non-engineers in multiple locations.
- Drive design of project to meet market driven design guides and fulfill cost, timing, reliability, and high-volume manufacturing requirements.
- Analyze, evaluate and select from process alternatives to best meet specification objectives and implement designs into mass production.
- Accountable for manufacturing elements of project execution including integration of complicated components and assemblies, materials, packaging and safety, regulatory and standards compliance.
- Comply with all TTI procedures covering new product development and LEAN manufacturing principles related to processing and product flow.
- Consistently visualizes entire scope of a project with very little guidance.
- Schedules, develops agendas, facilitates and documents project meetings.
- Tracks project schedule to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Regularly makes presentations of project status.
- May occasionally recommend changes to existing standards and procedures.
- Identify project risks and implement risk reduction plans.
New Product Development
- Interacts extensively with NPD project leader and outside suppliers to achieve project goals.
- Makes component material or process recommendations.
- Provides input into DOE and test systems.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology. Graduate studies preferred in the business areas such as Project Management, Finance, Marketing, or Organizational studies. Formal project management training preferred.
- Minimum 7 years engineering experience in related field.
- Experience successfully managing low-moderate complexity projects and/or subsystems of larger projects.
- Must be able to personally conduct detailed analyses or recognize the need and seek the appropriate expertise to achieve the desired results.
- Ability to draft compressive test plans and specifications.
- CAD Skills Level: Basic 3D
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Project.