Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
At Corning, our growth is fueled by a commitment to innovation. We succeed through sustained investment in research & development, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges. We are a four-time National Medal of Technology winner thanks to our technology leadership and R&D environment, which attract and enable the best scientific minds in the world. This pipeline of talent has brought life-changing innovation to your fingertips for more than 160 years.
Scope of Position:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Work with program manager and supervisor to develop project plan and manage budget including scopes, objectives, resources, individual deliverables, and timeline
• Work with a group of scientists, engineers, and technicians for their daily work assignment and performance management in new product development including new material composition, processes, product performance, and application development
• Work closely with cross functional organizations (research, development, engineering, manufacturing, and commercial) to scale up new product (material and processes) in manufacturing equipment
• Run regular team meeting for technical progress and identify and then address the issues/gaps
• Manages external customers/coaters for joint collaboration programs on new product development and gain fundamental understanding of product applications
• Prepare presentations and reports of key findings to managements
• Support commercial and business activities as needed
Minimal. Occasional domestic or oversea trip to customers.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
40 hours / week regular
Education and Experience:
PhD or MSdegree in chemistry or material or mechanical science and engineering
• More than 5 years industrial R&D experience in ceramic or related material composition and processes
• Project management/leadership skills
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Technical leadership
• Proven track record in problem solving and technical achievements
• Knowledge and work experience of material science and engineering, preferred in ceramic materials and processing
• Knowledge and experience in automotive emission control application and system
• Strong written and oral communications
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership)
• Ability to be multi-task and work with project managers to get work done
• Capable of internal/external interactions at technical and non-technical levels
Req #: 6365