Plans and coordinates single or multiple Small to Medium capital projects that often require inter-disciplinary engineering teams of 2 – 5 engineers and cross functional business partners. Manages all aspects of scope development, cost estimates and schedule by collaborating both within the engineering organization as well as with cross functional business partners in a matrix organization. This position requires management of both external and internal resources and influencing cross functional stakeholders as well as effectively resolving issues and managing conflict. The candidate must have a good working knowledge of technology employed in the food industry and would also have an understanding of how the application of the technologies impacts their stakeholders. Exposure to structured gate processes to take a product from concept to production is essential.
- This position can cover multiple locations across the U.S. and requires a significant understanding of the business side of a Food Company as well as the ability to effectively communicate with and lead cross functional resources.
- Travel is required to ConAgra Foods and co-manufacturer manufacturing plants, vendors, suppliers, engineering service providers, and any other sites required to successfully execute projects. Travel will involve domestic and international.
- This position reports directly to the Director, Platform Engineering
- This position interacts frequently with Plant Leadership positions and Supply Chain Function
- External interaction will include, however, not limited to, equipment vendors, construction contractors, engineering services contractors, local / state / federal government agencies, and co-manufacturing organizations.
- This person has demonstrated competency in both Engineering and Project Management.
- This position will manage a range of small to medium projects.
- This position manages multiple project staffs of up to 2 - 5 engineering professionals (may be a combination of ConAgra and consulting engineers).
- Execute assigned projects by utilizing workflows with Innovation, Operations and Platform Groups.
- Execute project initiatives to ensure that all projects are completed to meet business needs.
- Responsible to ensure that all project planning, deliverables, reporting, and spending forecasts are managed accurately and that all projects are delivered within cost, schedule and performance success criteria.
- 5+ years of total experience in Food Manufacturing (Pharmaceutical and CPG experience would be considered) with a minimum 2 years of experience executing projects (project size and complexity will be taken into consideration).
- Education Requirements:
- Preferred: BS in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical-Preferred),
- Minimum: BS in a technical discipline with 3 years equivalent related experience or Bachelors degree with 5 years equivalent related experience or 10 years equivalent related experience with management of related technical projects from conception to completion of at least $2 million
- Formal project management training or certifications are positives for employment consideration.
- A track record of managing several capital projects and a progression through multiple roles in the Food Manufacturing industry is preferred.
- The candidate must possess excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills along with problem solving and conflict management skills
- This position is located in Chicago IL, Omaha NE, or select field locations.
- Variable depending on project timing, but up to 50% to 70% travel at times