The Project Lead, Technology Commercialization Associate is responsible for managing the technology and project flow for the University of Pittsburgh-UPMC Commercialization Collaborations and the University of Pittsburgh commercialization activities.
The position will serve as a primary contact point for University of Pittsburgh technologies going through these collaborations and will be primarily responsible for the following:
- working with faculty to identify potential technologies for the collaborations
- evaluating technologies for possible intellectual property protection
- participating in the development of commercialization strategies for technologies
- actively negotiating options, licenses and other agreements
- monitoring of all technologies and agreements that are part of the collaborations
This position requires an advanced degree in a relevant scientific or engineering and an MBA or experience with intellectual property is beneficial. Special consideration will be given to those with a life-sciences background. Must have demonstrable experience to formulate and close deals, possess entrepreneurial skills and drive, and possess the ability to work on multiple, complex transactions.
Education Required Master's Minimum Related Experience Level Required 5-6 years experience