The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day-to-day planning, scheduling, tracking and reporting for software development projects. The candidate will be responsible for:
· Coordinating the delivery of multiple projects and dependencies being executed by other teams within the organization
· Allocating and/or tracking resources across multiple projects
· Working knowledge of SELC and associated documentation (project plans, charters, business cases, requirements documents, test plans, reports, etc.)
· Creating project plans and managing them accordingly
· Ensure project is delivered on time and within scope and budget
· Working closely with business and solution resources on lifecycle deliverables
· Generating weekly status reports in several formats
· Coordinate with various organizations and teams within the enterprise to ensure that all the activities and dependencies are being met by matrixed resources and other teams responsible for delivery within the organization
· Document project risks and mitigation plans and communicate to the stakeholders
· Ensure all the processes are documented and followed for compliance
· Contribute to project scoping, including requirement assessment, best practices, application design and development, methodologies, and budget recommendations
• Bachelor’s Degree with 5-7 years of experience.
• Must be US Citizen with the ability to able to obtain and maintain a DHS/CBP BI. Potential to be sponsored to a Top Secret level security clearance.
• Excellent verbal and written communications.
• Project Management skills: project initiation, project plan creation, resource allocation, time/schedule management, risk management, budget tracking, prioritization, status reporting.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
• History of delivering projects within allocated budgets and on schedule
• Familiarity with the Agile process
• Experience in supporting applications and managing work during an operations and maintenance (O&M) stage
• Experience working with diverse groups of IT professional, gathering requirements, facilitating decision-making sessions and documenting the results.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of IT and Business Professionals
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Experience working with federal government agencies
• 5 years of professional experience and 2 years of project management experience.
May be located in Alexandria, VA or Herndon, VA dependent on customer needs.
Degrees Bachelor's Degree Years of Experience 05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree