Provides day to day direction to technical project teams of internal IS staff, external consulting partners, and business unit representatives. Allocates resources across various tasks to ensure completion of project goals within financial and time budgets. Has a proven track record of project management and expertise with emphasis on integration and implementation in one or both of the following technical areas: (1) physical network, server, storage, client OR (2) operating systems, databases and security software layers that business applications depend upon.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing and overseeing the operation of the project, including setting priorities, facilitating design sessions, setting milestones, reviewing progress, reporting status, re-allocating resources, and resolving conflicts. Assures that the project team is managing the system development process including systems analysis, technical design, coding/configuration, testing, turnover to production, acceptance criteria and review schedules. Assures that project team is managing communications, change management, and training. Responsible for managing the project budget, including approval and tracking of all expenditures, and assuring conformance to the Capital Control process.
- Interacts with PMO Leadership and Business sponsors in developing the project’s managerial approach including: risk assessment, communications, change management, project team roles, reporting structure, and develops the master project plan. Provides direction to project team and business unit team members. Under direction of a Sr. Manager or Sr. Project Manager, leads interactions with key project suppliers.
- Under the supervision of a Sr. Manager or Sr. Project Manager, facilitates the overall project charter development, including discovery, creation of the statement of work, (including project requirements, risk, time and cost of project) and identifies key deliverables of given project. Represents the project during the project approval cycle in making presentations to management. Prepares and leads steering committee updates on a regular basis, informing sponsors and management of program status and following through on issues. Leads competitive bid process through RFI and RFP.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
Project Management, Planning and PMO Support
- Portfolio and project management tools, processes and techniques - PMI certification preferred
- Budget, ScheduleRisk, Scope management; Strategic Planning
- Knowledge of Project Lifecycle management and Infrastructure Lifecycle management
- Accounting guidelines for capitalizing investments vs. costs of on-going operating expenses
- RFP, Product and Vendor Evaluation, Negotiation and Selection
- Productivity and Collaboration tools such as Microsoft Windows, SharePoint and Office 365
Systems Development and Deployment Processes/Methodology
- Project and Application Delivery methodologies
- Systems Development Lifecycle
- Functional requirements analysis
- Testing and quality management
- Technical Design, System and Technology integration
- IT infrastructurearchitecture
- IT and telecomminfrastructure implementations as part of construction and renovation projects
- Computer Systems and Infrastructure Operations and Support
- Software Licensing, installation and support
- Business Continuity/Contingency/Disaster Recovery
- Technical Troubleshooting, Performance measurement and tuning
- Communications protocols, systems and software interfaces
- Demonstrates technical proficiency necessary to design and deploy complex solutions to business problems in the following environments:
Corporate and Sales Offices
Cloud and Co-location Data Centers
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration, or similar. PMI certification preferred.
Minimum 5 years progressive responsibility within Information Technology or related field, including 1 years of training in project planning and budgeting.
IT physical infrastructure – cabling, power, computer room and telecom spaces, environmentals – Bicsi RTPM preferred
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.