This is your opportunity to play a key role in the Site C powerhouse and spillways civil works project. The Human Resources Manager will be accountable for all HR related functions supporting the AFDE Joint Venture partnership located at Fort St. John, BC. This hands-on, dynamic generalist role includes talent acquisition, administration, training & development, workforce planning, talent development and management, and employee / labour relations. The incumbent would live in Fort St. John, BC, or may be on a rotation schedule.
- Work closely with hiring managers on the recruitment efforts, including candidate review and interviewing, managing the job offer and related processes.
- Build and maintain relationships and strong communication with labour unions regarding staffing and related issues.
- Oversees and supports the review/job evaluation, candidate screening, selection, offer and close processes.
- Provide headcount projection and strategic workforce planning support
- Proactive outreach HR communications (supporting town halls, leadership/ operational team meetings, etc.)
- Effective situation/ conflict management, working closely with managers to ensure employee relations issues are handled professionally and timely
- Thoroughly understand and be able to interpret and administer the Project Labour Agreement and liaise with union personnel to ensure harmonious relationships and develop highly effective labour relations.
- Case management and investigations
- Coaching managers and employees as required, applying progressive discipline principles as appropriate. Review and provide guidance on terminations and grievances.
- Policy interpretation and application
- Work closely with applicable client groups to facilitate promotions, demotions, transfers, relocations, retirements, and terminations in a professional manner. Ensuring balance between organizational and employee needs
- Facilitate year end compensation review exercise for applicable client groups, working closely with JV partner human resource teams.
- Supportcompensation survey participation for the line of business (i.e. summarizing data, reviewing submissions for relevance, etc.)
- Work closely with project management in developing and facilitating in-house training.
- Responsible for onboarding programs and reviewing 90-day new hire follow-up.
- Support managers with performance management and objective setting during the regular cycle as well as when required. Effectively creating clear connections to business plans, strategy, and individual objectives
- Facilitate customized soft skills training as required
- Ensure training needs for the project are evaluated and appropriate training selected, reinforced and tracked
- Support succession management initiatives and ensure appropriate succession plans are in place
- Manage and oversee the daily direction of the project Human Resources Generalist/HR Coordinator/HR Administrator, working closely with the Project Management Team and the senior Human Resources leaders.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources Management
- CHRL/CHRP designation preferred
- A minimum of 7-10 plus years as an HR Generalist, preferably within construction industry
- 2 - 4years of supervisory experiencepreferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and matrixed environment/ structure with high resiliency
- Superior problem solving skills, ability to demonstrate agility in creating valuable solutions to complex issues quickly
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and resolve employee relations matters
- Versatility in HRportfolio is required; full scope employee life cycle, compensation, labour relations, recruitment, talent management are a must. Organizational development experience is highly desirable
- Tactful and effective written and verbal communication skills, ability to interact with all levels within the organization and influence as required
- Strong reporting, analytical and process improvement skills
- Ability to build a consensus among the management team to support human resources strategies