TRC has over 4,000 technical professionals and support personnel at more than 120 offices throughout the U.S. Our clients depend on TRC's multidisciplinary teams to design solutions to their toughest business challenges in the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets.
TRC is seeking a Project Health and Safety (HS) Site Manager to work in one of TRC's local Field Project Offices. The HS Site Manager must be client-focused to work with a wide range of stakeholders to understand project needs and manage project safety teams to deliver services to meet those requirements as part of the TRC Environmental, Construction and Remediation (ECR) Team. The successful candidate must possess a strong interest to engage clients to execute projects and will be responsible for working with the TRC project manager in preparing proposals, building teams of safety staff and sub-consultants to execute work, maintaining quality and risk management processes to keep work on track.
- Lead project safety team for power plant decommissioning and other plant closure projects.
- Oversee preparation of technical correspondence, project proposals, technical reports, safety work plans, and project specifications.
- Participate in regular meetings resulting in continually expanding client trust relationships.
- Lead with highly-competent technical skills resulting in successful project delivery.
- Manage project safety team to meet program requirements.
- Engage staff through mentorship to build and strengthen the team.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, environmental sciences or related field of study from an accredited university.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in the field of power plant decommissioning, demolition, or heavy construction.
- Experience with decommissioning, demolition, or construction project safety planning, safety specification preparation, and safety program implementation.
- Safety oversight and safety management of field labor staff and contractors.
- Specific understanding of OSHA, Cal/OSHA, and state regulations as they apply to demolition.
- CHST Certification Required
- Experience preparing Cal/OSHA project permits
- Experience with heavy crane operations, scaffolding, and construction elevator operations.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to convey technical presentations and to meet with client management.
- Ability to lead, recruit, build, mentor, and foster a project safety team.
- Heavy crane activity
- Safety Certs:
- CHST Certification
- OSHA 510 Standards for Construction Industry
- OSHA 500 Trainer
- OSHA 30 Hours/Cal -- OSHA 10 Hours
- 40-hour HAZWOPER
- Basic First Aid Training; CPR
- Confined Space Trained