Project Firmware Engineer, CAT
As a Senior Firmware Engineer for a world leading industrial automation company, you will be responsible for designing, documenting and testing embedded firmware that will be reused across multiple businesses and products. This role requires proven ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with Senior Engineers and other developers and technology adopters.
- Leads in the review of documents, designs, code, test cases, reports and user documents
- Use proven firmware design techniques, procedures and criteria in compliance with company guidelines
- Provide technical leadership of module or sub-system embedded firmware development
Experience with C++, C#, or other relevant programming languages
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other similar technical major.
- At least five years of experience in electronics development with embedded firmware experience such as C/C++/C#.
- Must exhibit excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with embedded firmware development tools (i.e. debuggers)
- Proven ability to solve complex problems involving both hardware & firmware
- Experience with embedded systems, microprocessor platforms and designs
- Experience with Agile development methods
- Experience with functional safety standards for electrical, electronic and programmable electronic safety related systems
- Experience with Common Industrial Protocol (CIP) and CIP Safety.
- Experience working with real-time embedded development environments, use of emulators, debuggers and related instrumentation.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with other developers or development teams.
- Familiar with configuration management tools