You are recognized for your ability to work in a multi-project environment; there is not much about project control that you don’t know. Also, you are looking to have an impact, in your job, your workplace, and the World too, by working for a company that brings innovation to another level.
Upon your arrival, you will support our Corporate Control team as well as our Project Management team in the implementation of project control processes and procedures, in the accounting and budget monitoring of our projects and the accounting system functions related to projects. You will report to the VP, Corporate Control while working closely with the Vice President, Project Delivery as well as the Senior Director, Project Management Office. This is an opportunity to collaborate with a dynamic team as you enrich your career and work on Enerkem’s unique and disruptive technology.
Your role and responsibilities will be the following:
- Compile and define control references for projects, including development of project execution plans, project specific control procedures.
- Manage the budget process and cost tracking and all project financial information by monitoring the progress according to the schedules of projects in development.
- Monitor costs and forecasts and analyze deviations from reality as part of project budget monitoring.
- Perform budgetary monitoring of purchases for all projects.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual budget documents, reports and presentations using software tools.
- Ensure the control and support of project managers in their budget monitoring.
- Maintain adequate internal controls and procedures, including standardization of processes and procedures to projects.
- Ensure that the change management process is maintained and integrated into Enerkem's policies, procedures, and contracts.
- Assist in the analysis of construction change orders and/or complaints.
- Maintain positive professional relationships with the different project teams within a matrix organization and with the client.
- Produce monthly governance reports that reflect the PMO's key OKRs.
- Set up the administrative management of new projects (treasury, accounting, internal and external audit among others).
- Participate in the review of the financial model of projects in development to ensure the link with the finance function.
- Help the PMO archive relevant project documentation to meet auditing standards.
- Responsible for the coordination with the external auditors for audits.
- Ensure that the project is carried out in accordance with the directives, policies, and procedures of the client and Enerkem.
- Participate and contribute to the development of financial management systems and existing tools.
- Participate in ad hoc projects as well as financial analysis as needed.
- University degree in accounting with a CPA designation (required), in business or in the engineering field.
- At least 8-10 years + of field or office project control experience related to engineering and project construction.
- Strong knowledge of computer systems (experience with Primavera P6 and Microsoft 365 - project modules, an asset).
- Experience with project cost management systems.
- Proven experience in forecasting, budgeting, and gap analysis.
- Good exposure with the project management methodology.
- Good understanding of general business interfaces/processes related to procurement, engineering, operations, and accounting.
- Ability to understand and interpret contracts and subcontracts.
- Knowledge of cost and schedule management.
- Proven leadership aptitudes and skills, sense of organization with good priority management skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to facilitate team engagement in a matrix organizational framework.
- Fully bilingual in French and English, both oral and written.