Responsible for updating and completing the Construction Execution Plan.
- Directs overall construction effort including coordination of erection activities, suppliers, direct hire craft labor, subcontractors, startup and testing activities, and the owner.
- Directs implementation of the Construction Processes and Procedures Manual (CPPM) and insures requests for deviations are submitted when necessary.
- Manages overall construction and startup cost to meet established budgets.
- Reviews, analyzes, and reports monthly on project constructionbudget, schedule, and quality performance and takes appropriate action to return the project to plan.
- Directs implementation of established project controls processes and procedures including Installation Work Packaging (IWP) through Package Manager software tool.
- Coordinates with leadership to negotiate and implement appropriate labor agreements.
- Leads the site management team.
- Directs implementation of project construction Safety & Health and Loss Control procedures and is responsible for ensuring that the project meets the agreed safety targets.
- Directs implementation of project quality assurance procedures and is responsible for ensuring that the established level of quality is achieved.
- Directs implementation of project commissioning and testing plan and is responsible for ensuring that the necessary resources are provided to commissioning.
- Approves field purchases, equipment rentals, extra work authorizations, subcontractor progress and final payments, company professional time sheets, and company professional expense reimbursements.
- Directs change order management for subcontracts.
- Directs the resolution of all back charges, collection of conformed to construction records, and other contract closeout activities.
- Establishes project field staffing needs and coordinates with Project Manager and construction department to staff project field office.
- Champions implementation of LEAN concepts and continuous improvement efforts.
- Degreed: Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years experience on similar projects in construction management role.
- Non-Degreed: 8+ years experience with 3 years at superintendent level or above on large projects, or in construction management role on smaller projects.
Able to deliver Project Gross Margin (PGM) on assigned project
Knowledge of construction technology (Simple Cycle, Combined Cycle, Pulverized Coal, Circulating Fluidized Bed, Nuclear)
Knowledge of EPC Industry
Expense reporting policies and procedures
Project budgeting process and tools
Legal/contractual agreements (EPC/suppliers/subcontractors)
Construction Project Management Systems
Communication and interpersonal skills.
Conceptual planning ability
Problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
Must be willing to travel all over country to train and then oversee a job by next year.