Our client, a national construction and building materials organization is seeking several experienced Engineering professional to join their team to work remotely, throughout the United States to work in the capacity of Project Field Manager. The chosen candidate will be responsible for successful execution of the construction and start-up of the project. You will provide leadership to the project staff and all organizations on site and direct staff in the daily/weekly planning process as well as functions as a representative for the organization in all interactions involving the Owner and Contract. The ideal candidate will possess a depth of experience implementing standards and procedures, develops project specific procedures and allocates resources, and makes decisions in support of project strategies. Ideally, the ?perfect? candidate would have started in his/her local union hall, completed the apprenticeship, advanced through the ranks to a superintendent position, then to a Site Superintendent or Construction Manager, then to a Project Field Manager.
*Responsible for updating and completing the Construction Execution Plan.
* Reviews and refines the plan as the project progresses.
* Directs overall construction effort including coordination of erection activities, suppliers, direct hire craft labor, subcontractors, startup and testing activities, and the owner.
* Directs implementation of the processes and procedures manual and insures requests for deviations are submitted when necessary.
* Manages overall construction and startup cost to meet established budgets.
* Reviews, analyzes, and reports monthly on project constructionbudget, schedule, and quality performance and takes appropriate action to return the project to plan.
* Directs implementation of established project controls processes and procedures including Installation Work Packaging (IWP) through Package Manager, a software tool.
* Coordinates with leadership to negotiate and implement appropriate labor agreements.
* Establish and maintain relationships and develops a high level of trust and credibility with clients, owners, alliance partners, craft labor, subcontractors, and suppliers.
* Leads the site management team.
* Directs implementation of project construction Safety & Health and Loss Control procedures and is responsible for ensuring that the project meets the agreed safety targets.
* Directs implementation of project quality assurance procedures and is responsible for ensuring that the established level of quality is achieved.
* Directs implementation of project commissioning and testing plan and is responsible for ensuring that the necessary resources are provided to commissioning.
* Directs implementation of project field materials management procedures.
* Approves field purchases, equipment rentals, extra work authorizations, subcontractor progress and final payments, time sheets and expense reimbursements.
* Directs change order management for subcontracts.
* Coordinates with project manager to identify and execute change orders to contract with owner.
* Directs the resolution of all back charges, collection of conformed to construction records, and other contract closeout activities.
* Establishes project field staffing needs and coordinates with Project Manager and construction department to staff project field office.
* Mentors project field staff, promotes internal and external team building, and maintains morale.
Best Industry ? Construction, Building Trades, Power Generation
Best Department ? Project Management
Bachelor?s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a related discipline is required.
15+ years of experience on similar projects in a construction management role is required. OSHA certification is required.
Experience on large power generation construction projects, specifically combined cycle projects
Supervises and manages the work of project members and direct reports.
Experience with hiring, discipline and pay administration of their subordinates is required.
Experience on new construction projects is essential in this position.
Able to deliver Project Gross Margin (PGM) on assigned project is required.
Knowledge of construction technology (Simple Cycle, Combined Cycle, Pulverized Coal, Circulating Fluidized Bed, Nuclear)
Knowledge of EPC Industry is required.
Experience with project budgeting process and tools, budget disbursement, etc. is required.
Experience with Legal/contractual agreements (EPC/suppliers/subcontractors) is required.
Knowledge of Construction Project Management Systems is required.
Leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising)
Experience as a ?Champion? of the implementation of LEAN concepts and continuous improvement efforts is required.
Up to 75% Domestic Travel Required
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.