The Walsh Group, an industry leader in the construction and delivery of aviation projects across the US and Canada, is currently seeking qualified Project Executives and Sr. Project Managers for multiple large aviation projects and pursuits nationally. As a builder of choice for public and private aviation customers, Walsh has delivered more than 100 aviation projects at 30+ airports worth over $10 billion of installed cost. We have experience and expertise in all major delivery models including General Contractor, Construction Manager at Risk, Design Build, and P3 / Design Build Operate Maintain procurement methods. Our Project Executives and Sr. Project Managers will be at the forefront of the industry leading major terminal, airfield, landside and Automated People Mover (APM) projects as Walsh continues to grow our aviationportfolio and lead the industry.
Do you want to invest in the growth and progress of the next generation of construction talent? Do you enjoy mobilizing people and resources to overcome challenges? Are you a Project Executive or Senior Project Manager that inspires others to do their very best every day? Do you want to work for a company where, when you do these things, you will be noticed? If so, then keep reading.
The Walsh Group takes a family approach to business and we believe you do that best when you help other people realize their potential. Do you believe that when you invest in others, you increase the possibility that more work will actually get done? Do you also believe in hiring good people and giving them freedom to do their jobs? Walsh Project Executives know how to develop and how to empower.
As an industry leader in aviation, Walsh Project Executives and Sr. Project Managers drive change and execute plansWalsh expects our Project Executivesto drive change and execute plans. When you speak, do people listen? Can you spurnothers into action? We’re looking for someone who can actively drive progress and at the same time, deal tactfully with internal and external resistance.
Walsh is looking for Project Executives who can facilitate the work of others. Someone who feels a strong sense of ownership over both the process and the results. A motivator who can build a culture of flexible productivity. Project Executives that accomplish more than others because they plan their work, and then work their plans.
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you. If you have what it takes, welcome to the family.
In this role, responsibilities include:
- Lead interdisciplinary teams to deliver construction projects
- Actively participates in the design and execution of project safety and quality control activities
- Assumes responsibility for project staffing and budgetary controls
- Assists in the bid package development, pre-qualification activities, and budget preparation
- Leads preconstruction meetings and coordinates answers to RFIs
- Leads efforts to analyze risk and define schedule related issues, including analysis of long lead materials or equipment which may impact cash flow
- Maintains relationships with customers
- Analyzes and presents project delivery approaches, develops alternative approaches and facilitates implementation
- Oversees project close-out and claim resolution
- Serves as the primary contact for senior leadership relative to critical business initiatives
We are seeking professionals with the following qualifications:
- Degree in civil engineering or construction management preferred
- 15years of construction management experience
- Willingness to relocate as needed
- Proficient in estimating, scheduling, budgeting cost, field supervision, financialreporting, and client relationships
- Ability to interface with a variety of technical and business personnel with courtesy, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) to direct organize and communicate with team members at all levels
- Negotiation skills
- Decision making skills
- Talent management
- Mitigating risk