ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide operational oversight in the areas of client management, procedural issues, financial and reporting issues, and workforce planning and analysis.
- Actively manage the workload, professional development, and client development skills of project management staff.
- Promote positive customer relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all contractors, subcontractors and vendors, and continually instilling this philosophy in the project team with regard to safety, quality, customer service and profitability.
- Initiate, execute, and document a quality job start-up meeting for your project(s).
- Manage and maintain “Strategic Partner” subcontractor and vendor relationships, including verification of timely payment.
- Perform monthly project reviews with project teams to ensure adherence to schedules, quality of work, safety, administration and profitability.
- Analyze available and qualified personnel and make specific project assignments to meet project needs.
- Assist the PMs and Superintendents with resolution of specific issues and requests.
- Manage customer relations and change order negotiations.
- Represent company/project in meetings with client, subcontractors, etc.
- Represent the Company at project Senior Management meetings.
- Schedule, facilitate, and document project close out meetings. Verify project data sheets and photos (with client’s permission) for all completed projects.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or other related field
- PE license a plus
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in project management, preferably in electricalconstruction. Knowledge of construction technology, scheduling, equipment and methods required
- Proven experience mentoring and managing others
- Business development/heavy client interaction a plus
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must possess the utmost of personal integrity and have the ability to create and lead an organization culture of collaboration, both internally and externally, in order to maintain the superior reputation of firm
- Extensive knowledge of safety protocols and procedures
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Accubid and Oracle experiencepreferred
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player