Clayco's Industrial Business Unit creatively solves the most complex industrial challenges and delivers distribution, manufacturing, and food and beverage solutions for the world's most innovative companies.
The Project Executive will be responsible for working within the Industrial Business Unit to acquire work, and then overseeing the successful execution of multiple projects as the "executive in charge". Success will be measured by winning the business and keeping our clients happy, while ensuring our projects maintain schedule, budget, and the industry leading level of safety we demand.
This person is a leader, currently employed, and is capable of working on large and complex projects that are typically design-build delivery. This is a driven, entrepreneurial individual with Distribution Center, Manufacturing, and/or Food & Beverage construction expertise, along with general commercial Real Estate Development knowledge. This is a mentor and communicator, looking to truly establish his or her career, by successfully leading teams of construction professionals and developing future leaders and future business at Clayco.
- Work with business unit leader to develop and implement Clayco's Industrial Business Plan.
- Actively contribute to Clayco's industrial business development efforts, including, networking, attending industry events, and targeted marketing.
- Lead the Clayco team in the RFQ/RFP response effort. This includes complete oversight of pursuit strategy creation and execution, design management, preconstruction/estimating, marketing communication, legal contract review, and the client presentation.
- Contract, scope, and deal negotiation with the owner. Overall responsibility for complete knowledge and administration of the Owner contract.
- Identify key project management and field supervision for each project, ensure scope education and project transition, and provide executive oversight during construction.
- Manage client relationships throughout the delivery process – leading to repeat business.
- Work with operations team on key activities such as large trade buyout, early design-phase activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Construction/Engineering/Real Estate related discipline required.
- 8+ Years substantial and broad business experience in Distribution Center, Manufacturing, and/or Food and Beverage projects, with individual project values ranging in excess of $20 million.
- Strong understanding of construction costs, and cost drivers; in the context of both overall project costs and unit costs/assembly costs.
- Competitive nature/drive, looking to tackle extremely difficult challenges and find a way to succeed through any circumstance.
- Exhibits intellectual curiosity, through an ever-changing quest to improve execution, reduce cost, and evolve our project delivery.
- Excellent Soft Skills – one who listens well, and can quickly assess different personalities and situations, and effectively implement a management style for each challenge.
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, delivers presentations in a manner that reflects well on behalf of Clayco.
- Thinks creatively, using limited information to develop potential solutions, communicate and sell to an internal or external team, build consensus and support, and oversee the execution of a plan.
- Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
- Plans for and uses resources efficiently.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy, in a drive to ensure a complete understanding of scope.
- Proactive approach to construction cost management, helping project teams to foresee potential issues in the field.
- Establishes project goals, milestones, and procedures, defines roles and responsibilities, acquires project resources, coordinates projects throughout a company, monitors project progress, and oversees multiple projects and client relationships.
- Inspires and stimulates the best efforts of subordinates in the accomplishment of identified goals.
- Understanding of customer decision drivers in project selection and team selection.
- Design-Build Experience
- Business development experience
- Preconstruction experience