At Balfour Beatty Construction in San Diego, California we are seeking a Project Executive or experienced Senior Project Manager to work on various Corrections job-sites.The primary role of the Project Executive is to be the project leader ultimately responsible for all aspects of the project's success including a positive referral from the Clients. The Project Executive ensures project success through monitoring the processes, progress and results of the following: Client satisfaction, team effectiveness, employee development, financial goals, quality and schedule. Serving as the liaison between the jobsite, the Business Unit Leader (BUL) and the main office, the Project Executive provides the support and resources that are needed by the Project Manager and Superintendent to perform their duties.
- Participate in development, execution and presentations of proposals.
- Participate in preconstruction meetings.
- Oversee the buy-out of the project.
- Verify accurate financial forecasting.
- Monitor budget, schedule, and quality.
- Review and approve deliverables.
- Manage risk in accordance with company guidelines.
- Evaluate monthly project financial performance.
- Manage the strategic account process.
- Oversee the development of the initial project schedule.
- Supervise the process of project start-up.
- Encourage employee growth by mentoring and managing development plans.
- Inform Business Unit Leader (BUL) overseeing project of issues and status.
- Assure that Company policies and procedures are implemented on the project.
- Monitor enforcement of project safety policies and procedures.
- Oversee the finalization of any outstanding issues with Owner, Subcontractors, and Vendors at project closeout.
- Bachelor of Science degree required.
- 15 years or more of commercial construction experience in project management.
- 5 plus years experience working on Corrections Construction projects.
- Ten years or more of direct supervisory experience.
- Experience with project manager software (Constructware, P6, Timberline, etc.)
- Experience with cost projection, financial analysis, budget reviews, labor reports
- Experience with JD Edwards or similar construction application(s)