At Jacobs, we're making our world better with every project, and we know the importance of accurate estimates to the success of these projects. We're looking for an experienced Project Cost Estimator to prepare a wide range of estimates - in construction cost estimating of all divisions for facilities or school building construction projects from conceptual to detailed design - Based in Los Angeles, California, you'll review design documents, proposals, specifications, drawings, attend design development meetings and make sites visits to define the scope of work and cost impacts required of the estimate process.
You'll be a key contributor and mentor to a knowledgeable and supportive team as you prepare estimates by developing project work breakdown structures, calculating complete scope of work take-offs, assist contracts staff with statements of work for subcontractors and vendors, apply construction means and methods, prepare schedules, calculate indirect field and owner's costs. Design teams will also collaborate with you on the quality and amount of input necessary to develop the required level of design build construction estimates. You'll tap into both your creative and analytical sides in this role as you develop reports and presentations as well as analyze historical data.
Bring your attention to detail and desire to grow, and we'll help you pursue what drives you - so we can tackle challenging projects, together.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
- Minimum of 7 years full time paid professional experience in construction cost estimating of all divisions for facilities or school building construction projects
- Knowledge of current local construction labor and material costs for the Southern California area.
- Extensive experience in developing and estimating the scope of work for change orders
- Proficient skills in the area of current technology (Word, Excel, estimating, scheduling and database software)
- Demonstrated understanding of estimating organizational structure and process, including quantity takeoff, crew development, productivity relationships, material quotations, contingency/risk, knowledge of markup structures and estimate documentation.
- Proficient in quantitative risk analysis using software including @Risk and Primavera Risk analysis.
- Experience using industry estimating software, such as Timberline, HCSS Heavy Bid, and MII Estimating systems.
- Understanding of project scheduling; ability to use Primavera P6 and/or Microsoft Project.
- Able to travel to meet project needs
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.