Arcadis is seeking a detail-oriented, well-organized, dependable Project Engineer to join our Novi, MI Team.
This is a mid-level opportunity for a dynamic individual looking for career growth in consulting. Candidates must work well in both team settings and independently and support a strong health and safety workplace.
The successful candidate will be able to serve as an intermediary between upper level staff and junior staff, as well as provide technical support to multiple project teams/clients in the field of environmental remediation. This mid-level full-time position requires attention to detail, strong work ethic, and excellent communication skills.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct environmental site assessments (soil and ground water sampling).
- Manage field teams responsible for various types of sampling/ field work and remedial construction oversight.
- Schedule and coordinate project resources.
- Preparation of field reports and data analysis.
- Define project and task scope and prepare project work plans.
- Lead technical analysis and documentation.
- Technical evaluation of groundwater and soil data to support the development of remediation strategies and/or remedial performance.
- Development and design of remedial strategies.
- Conduct client communications and/or meetings.
- Prepares for and participates in client and regulatory agency meetings.
- Assist with development of proposals and definitive statements of the scope of work to be performed.
- Applies critical thinking and has the ability to think “outside the box” to meet project objectives.
- Travel requirements are approximately 20-40%, typically in Michigan, but potential for national travel.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong experience with in situ soil and groundwater remediation techniques.
- Strong experience and comfort working in MS Office Software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Current OSHA 40-hour Hazwoper training and 8-hour update training
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Engineering or closely related discipline
- 5+ years of work experience
Required Driving Statement
This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Master of Science degree in Engineering closely related discipline
- 5 - 10 years of environmental consulting experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification in MI