SUMMARY: Reports to the Engineering Director. Responsible for developing, implementing, and managing capital projects at the Javelina Facility. Develops and adheres to project budgets. Provides technical support, leadership, and oversight to all facility project and maintenance activities. Performs all work in compliance with company standards, procedures, and government requirements.
As a team member, this person will also assist in other Operations, Engineering, Commercial, Maintenance, and EH&S related activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include, but are not limited to the following:
- Must be able to manage projects of varying magnitude and complexity.
- Must be proficient in developing project budgets and controlling costs.
- Must maintain knowledge and ability to applyengineering standards as they relate to Javelina.
- Manage Javelina’s Mechanical Integrity Program.
- Ability to handle routine assignments and projects with minimal supervision and complete within acceptable time standards.
- Must maintain accurate working knowledge of plant and plant operations.
- Must be able to provide maintenance supervision backup and weekend management coverage.
- Knowledge of distributive control systems hardware, software, and programming.
- Capable of providing equipment specification per Javelina standards and order appropriate materials for projects.
- Perform cost estimating and generation of AFE’s.
- Participate on the Emergency Management Organization team.
- Provide technical support asrequired to ensure proper maintenance of all rotating equipment, pressure vessels, boilers, gas fired heaters, andassociated processing equipment listed in the below process areas.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: This position requires a degree in Engineering from a 4 year accredited college or university plus a minimum 5 years of maintenance and project experience. Experience in rotating equipment preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Current valid driver's license required. A Professional Engineering License is preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of individuals/employees is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often exposed to outside weather conditions, which could range from cold to hot, humid conditions. Walking on uneven terrain is often required during normal work duties. High noise areas may be encountered. At all times proper PPE must be used in work areas.