Job ID 60949BR Date posted 02/14/2018 City Irvine State California CountryUS
N2 Imaging Systems, a UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) company, is an acknowledged leader in the design and manufacture of compact, low power, visible and infrared imaging systems used for soldier vision enhancement, targeting, and surveillance during day, night or low-visibility conditions. Our vertically integrated company, including operations and engineering staff are experienced veterans in providing low-power, lightweight solutions for capturing imagery across the spectrum. Our passion for supporting the Warfighter and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance.
N2 is currently seeking a Project Engineering Manager to join our highly experienced interdisciplinary team of engineers working in a hands-on, collaborative environment. The PE Manager will have the responsibility of supporting product development including requirements development, validation and verification, system design and performance analysis. The PE Manager guides and drives to conclusion all phases of the program including initial research, development, and product launch. As such the Project Engineering Manager must be an energetic, take charge leader, with significant self-discipline and initiative to take ownership of the program and make the right things happen that sees the program conclude in success.
This leadership position is required to be the voice of the Project Engineering team for the organization, and provide process improvement and compliance, technical guidance, mentorship, direction, and career development advice for the team. He/she must be openly-collaborate with other Functional Managers, Project Engineers, and Program Managers across multiple simultaneous programs to successfully execute the entire Product Development Life Cycle requirements of those programs.
- Leadership of all project activities throughout the entire product life cycle of multiple programs.
- Interfacing with vendors, customers and team members of the technical design team to coordinate all aspects of program executions and documentation release
- Lead and support peer reviews, formal design reviews, and presentations to customers
- Responsible for assignment of team resources to support program needs
- Responsible for all forecasting estimations requiring PE resources to support program needs
- Contribute to proposals and technical leadership on new business opportunities
- Perform regular technical interaction with other UTAS divisions, partners and end customers
- Analyze product failure data from customers, manufacturing, and suppliers to determine necessary product improvements and/or high-reliability upgrades
- Work closely with Production and Engineering to ensure delivery of quality products to our customers
- Develop, write and execute comprehensive plans and procedures for product and system verification
- Perform extreme environmental and reliability testing to military standards
- Identify and clearly document issues for resolution
- Develop testing automation equipment and methodologies and work with otherengineering departments to verify the customers’ requirements are met
- Work with the team to execute testing automation projects from conception to completion
- Acts as a technical point of contact for customers, partners, and suppliers
- Analyze product failure data from customers, manufacturing, and suppliers to determine necessary product improvements
- Assists Program Manager in prioritizing and driving product improvements with an emphasis on resolving key customers issues, while balancing schedule, cost, and risk.
- Develop and help execute test procedures and associated plans including requirements verification and validation and/or otherqualification testing
- Capable of developing and owning engineering plans, cost estimates, schedules, risk identification and staffing requirements.
- Monitor the project’s tasks, interfacing with the engineers on the project, membership in the Change Control Board, tracking the acquisition of part from suppliers, working with the otherEngineering functions to ensure successful project execution and product launch.
- Assists with product design development, coordinates design efforts in between disciplines.
- US Person is required
- Minimum 12+ years’ of project engineeringexperience.
- Minimum 12+ years’ of leadership experience involving strategic planning activities, managing diverse groups of highly skilled employees, and interfacing at all levels throughout the organization.
- Project Management skills are required as the successful candidate will be involved in many proposals, presentations and reports
- Demonstrating leadership of a team is a vital part of this position, which includes defining resource requirements and resolving conflict.
- Ability to work in a highly structured environment, with frequent customer and stakeholder interaction
- Proven skills in managing engineering projects.
- Knowledge of optical components specifications a plus
- Experience in budgeting, recruiting, developing, and staffing high performance project engineering talent.
- Prepare and monitor process metrics and manage process improvements based on those metrics and program execution feedback.
- Possess strong decision making, analytical, problem solving, and conflict resolution.
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be comfortable working as a team to meet highly aggressive goals and satisfy both program and process requirements successfully.
- Must be comfortable training or presenting to large groups including upper levels of management.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with proven ability to facilitate teamwork across functions.
- Ability to influence and motivate in a matrix organization.
- Bias for action and sense of urgency to obtain results.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work under pressure and with multiple priorities is a must
- Planning skills and ability to execute plans in dynamic and rapidly changing circumstances
- Flexibility and willingness to deal with change and complexity is highly required
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Self-motivated and result driven
- Customer focused and quality oriented
- Aerospace industry experience highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or physical sciences
- Advanced degree is a plus (Master’s degree plus 8years of experience)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.