The Project Engineering Manager, Zeeland Supply Center (ZSC) is responsible for managing and leading the ZSC Project Engineering area including strategic planning and project portfolio management and supporting various plant operations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Effectively leads the ZSC Project Engineering area to provide site services with accountability for execution of capital projects to enable ZSC operations to meet or exceed business expectations in cost, quality, compliance, safety, culture and capital.
· Communicates a clear vision for a fully integrated Project Engineering team that is aligned with the goals of ZSC and MJN.
· Drives continuous improvement, explores industry trends, develops strategies and drives leading edge technology and innovative solutions in Engineering and Project Management (PM) in order to develop core areas, new alternatives and relevant strategies.
· Establishes, aligns and executes capital spending strategies to effectively identify and invest in company assets.
· Mastery of project management principles for the effective execution of projects that improve quality, safety, product cost, risk reduction and plant capabilities.
· Clearly understands the procurement policies and works cross functionally to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures.
· Develops staff and builds a high performance team through utilization of a performance management process that sets expectations, ensures ongoing coaching/mentoring and assesses employee performance. Builds a team culture committed to high performance and holds others accountable for the results expected.
· Leads projects and teams supporting large scale company initiatives.
· Establishes priorities, allocates resources and develops action plans to drive improvement.
· Utilizes analytical, critical thinking and structured root cause analysis techniques for problem solving.
· Provides leadership to team responsible for technical ownership, optimization of assets and maintaining qualified state throughout equipment lifecycle.
· Networks and partners effectively with management to promote an organizational culture that supports the achievement of business objectives.
· Sustains the flexibility and responsiveness of a non-union workforce through effective leadership, teamwork and communications.
· Collaborate with other departments to insure compliance with company policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering required. MBA or other advanced degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 5-7 years in engineering roles supporting manufacturing and/or utility operations.
• Minimum 5 years hands-on engineering experience with project, reliability or automation.
• Experience leading an engineering or process automation team in a food, consumer, or pharmaceutical company.
• Demonstrated track record of successfully leading large scale capital projects and managing capital portfolio budgets.
• Successful experience in managing people in a dynamic environment and a proven track record of developing people.
• Experience within a highly regulated environment required.
• Strong knowledge in areas of asset optimization, life cycle management, and project management.
• Knowledgeable in areas of regulatory requirements and equipment system qualification and validation.
• Proven ability to work with people at all levels.
• Demonstrated ability in working with customer team members, technical experts, professional staff, and focus on customer satisfaction.
• Understanding of EHS, GMP and OSHA’s regulations.
• Fundamental understanding of motivation, development, and leadership behaviors.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Controls automation background a plus.
• Professional Engineer (PE) a plus.
• Project Management Certification (PMP) a plus.