We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 34 500 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
- Alstom is seeking Project Engineering Managers to work on Cab Signaling projects. The individual should be familiar with speed code-based Cab Signaling solutions, including Automatic Train Protection (ATP), Automatic Train Operation (ATO) and Train-to-Wayside (TWC) communications in a Rolling Stock environment.
- In addition, the individual should be well-versed in Project Engineering Management principles and qualities, such as Technical Leadership, Scope Management, Risk Management, Requirements Management, Configuration Control and Change Management, Planning and Scheduling, and System Deployment
- Project QCDP (quality, cost, delivery and performance)
- Project Specification, including Design documents & Projects V&V documents approval status
- Key Project Indicators (KPI) tracking covering requirements management, change management, quality, and delivery.
- Manage the technical contractual scope of the project:Be accountable for the customer acceptance of the project solution
- Manage the project technical risks and the corresponding mitigation plan
- Together with the Project Manager, in case of contractual scope evolution, raise variation order and manage it
- Validate the technical design choices with the peers and Solutions Director
- Identify which are the applicable regulations in the customer country/city and ensure they are taken into account in project solution design
- Manage the project solution, meaning the customization and parameterization of the generic solution to meet Quality, Cost, Delivery and Performance (QCDP) commitments:Build and analyze together with the Project Architect, the project requirements database (PRD) and allocate requirements to System Program Manager (SPM), Project Industrialization Manager (PrIDM) and to Project Engineering team
- Act as a chairman of Project Change Control Board (CCB)
- Be responsible of the project design and application engineering activities
- Supervise Verification & Validation activities
- Be accountable for Engineering Work Package (WP) Quality, Cost, Delivery (QCD)
- Provide Bill of Materials (BOM)
- PrEM is in charge of the complete validation of the Project Solution:Functionally lead the project engineering team:
- Allocate Task(s) across Project Engineering team and ensure engineering activities follow-up
- Together with Domain / Metier Leaders and Regional Center (RC) Project Engineering Metier / Domain Department Heads, define the project engineering team organization according to the project phase (and as defined in the Engineering Management Plan (EMP))
- Deploy the applicable engineering process, methods & tools on the project
- Manage and participate in the evaluation of the project engineering team
- Share Environment, Health and Security (EHS) rules with project engineering team (receiving inputs from PM/Project EHS Manager/Coordinator or RC EHS Manager)
- Support assessment of the teams involved in project engineering activities, including the ones belonging to a different Regional Center.
- Verify Project Safety Case
- Manage the interface with the project core team: Provide all technical documents to the project core team members for the industrialization, sourcing, installation, test and commissioning
- Solve technical issues detected by different core team members
- During project warranty, coordinate actions to support resolution of pending technical issues following Project Warranty Manager (PrWM) requirements
- Support Project Quality and Safety Manager (PrQSM) to consolidate the Return on Experience (REX) of the Project and the Reliability Growth
- Support RC Project Engineering Domain/Metiers Department Head to define/perform knowledge capitalization
BS Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline.
- For this level it is required at least 8 years of experience working on signaling projects in a technical position. The Project Engineering Manager at this level is self-proficient on all project execution activities and is furthermore responsible for providing technical guidance to less experienced Project Team Members. The Project Engineering Manager must be capable of executing one large, complex System project, or multiple smaller, Subsystem projects.
- Minimum Requirements
- 8 years' or more experience in Rail Signaling industry
- 4 years' or more experience in Project Engineering Management
- 4 years' or more experience with speed code-based Cab Signaling solutions
- Additional Experience Desired:
- 2 years' or more experience with communication-based, Distance-To-Go solutions