Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control integration, and completion ofengineering projects within multiple HP Hood plant locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist multiple facilities in project management and capital planning process along with the development ofcapital expenditure requests, including review and approval/disapproval.
- Project administration - Participate in the initial Project development, determine project roles and responsibilities, goal setting, cost review, work breakdown structure, resources plan.
- Regulatory and environmental requirements - Provide guidance and advice to local implementation teams and business units.
- Project administration - cost estimating, schedule tracking, decision making, project performance tracking.
- Use sound engineering practices to improve plant operations, support product quality initiatives, to reduce operating costs and to support production and maintenance groups in finding and resolving root cause issues.
- Lead and manage projects throughout the operation. This will involve origination, research, risk assessment, capital appropriation, implementation, and validation of projects.
- Lead projects including HVAC, heat transfer, processing, electrical, mechanical, and packaging equipment that encompass equipment layout and plant design.
- Develop and implement process controls solutions including advanced control concepts. Apply statistical process controls methods to improve performance and reduce costs of goods of the company’s manufacturing activities.
- Develop and introduce new process controls technology and solutions to improve plant efficiencies or line performance.
- Frequent travel required to Hood facilities (up to 80%).
Education and Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent with at least 7 years of experience in projectmanagement.
- Must possess a deep understanding of the project management/engineering processes in the food, dairy or beverage industry.
- Experience in project management and or new product development processes.
- In depth knowledge dairy and beverage production, including conventional, extended shelf-life, aseptic, cultured and frozen desired.
- Thorough understanding of business aspects of project execution including scope development, justification, RFP’s, capital appropriation, scheduling, and validation.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills, blue print reading skills, organizational skills, strong problem solving / critical thinking skills are required.
- Must have ability to work independently and be able to multi-task.
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Ability to supervise contractors and employees who design and develop projects, systems and processes. Responsible for ensuring the technical accuracy of their work and the reliability of their methods.
- Knowledge about building and construction materials, physics, design and mathematics, as well as practicalapplications of engineering science and technology.
- Knowledge of public safety and security policies and procedures that are to be applied to promote safe operations for the protection of people, data and property.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.