Work for a visionary leader in the design-build industry at a Project Engineering Manager! Enjoy quaint living with activities such as swimming, exploring the great outdoors, recreational trails, fishing, and a downtown with exceptional shops and restaurants for every taste. This area is within a couple hours’ drive to Midwestern markets including Des Moines and Minneapolis.
· Bachelor’s degreerequired in Civil Engineering or otherengineering disciplines;
· 4+ years of construction project management experience;
· Experience designing and building industrial structures, including three-phase electrical systems (480 volt);
· Knowledge and experience of the basic fundamentals on electrical and mechanical systems for buildings;
· Reads blueprints, structural drawings and plan sets and working to acquire bids from subcontractors using general arrangement drawings;
· Knowledge and understanding of risk management policies and procedures;
· Experience managing budgets for large construction projects;
· Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes, equipment and industrial HVAC and electrical systems;
· Ability to produce simple drawings in AutoCAD is a plus;
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
Key Responsibilities of Project Engineering Manager:
· The Project Engineering Manager is responsible for performing engineering duties such as planning, design, construction and maintenance of building structures and facilities;
· Meeting with each client at the start to ensure understanding of the project scope and vision;
· Negotiating with and managing vendors, suppliers and subcontractors;
· Monitoring the progress of project sites;
· Providing quality customer service throughout the building process;
· Traveling to construction sites.
Please email your resume to weplace. Byrnes & Rupkey, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Recruiting firm.