A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership for the project engineering team todevelop and execute projects that create value for the facility and improve themills competitive advantage in the fluff and specialty pulp market.
- Develop Leaf River’s annual capital plan through collaboration with operations leaders and other service departments.
- Recruit, manage, and develop talent with in the Leaf River ProjectEngineering team that will meet the needs of the mill through alignment withthe MBM® Guiding Principles and application of the MBM® 5 Dimensions.
- Advance the MBM® culture at Leaf River by application of the MBM® Guiding Principles, Mental Models, and 5 Dimensions.
- Utilize Georgia Pacific’s project work processes and controls to achieve thedesired results for capital and extraordinary maintenance projects.
- Apply sound economic thinking and respectful challenge to investments underconsideration.
- Work within a team environment and have the ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Knowledge share with corporate subject matter experts and colleagues at other GP facilities on proposed investment and waste elimination opportunities.
- Participate in the mills 5 year planning activities and quarterly updates toleadership.
Key Attributes of the Role:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage direct reports.
- Ability to work nights/weekends when required.
- Working knowledge of engineering disciplines and construction practices.
- Ability to develop and manage good working relationships withinternal/external customers, suppliers, and contractors.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field.
- Five (5) or more years of project engineering experience.
- Two (2) or more years of experience leading and managing others.
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil engineering.
- Project management experience in pulp & paper industry.
- Experience managing engineering professionals.
- Project experience utilizing the front-end loading (FEL) process.