Duties and Responsibilities:
- Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of shipboard control systems and ship integration activities and in-depth knowledge of project management. The Lead, Project Engineer will manage a large, complex project of substantial importance to the organization as well as being a critical US Navy program with minimal oversight or direction.
- Communicates within and outside of organization to explain and implement changes to project requirements and approaches.
- Establishes short-term operational plans with measurable contribution to function or business area results.
- Manages project schedule and execution within the constraints of the project's allocated budget and schedule.
- Requires management and leadership knowledge in job area and comprehensive knowledge within an Engineering professional discipline.
- Lead role in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) comprising primarily of Systems, Hardware and Software engineers with other SMEs added when necessary
- Leads, directs and reviews the work of assigned project team members. Works closely with
- functional managers on staffing requirements for the project.
- Acts as Cost Account Manager (CAM) for the IPT, providing regular EAC and ETC reports
- Responsible for project life cycle Risk and opportunities identified within the IPT
- Works closely with the other divisions to optimize and ensure consistency and commonality across the project in all aspects of Hardware, Systems Engineering, Documentation, Software, Integration and Test approaches that are in line with L3Harris policies
- Communicates with leadership regarding matters of importance to the functional or business area. May conduct briefings with leaders and support customer visits as well as travel for new and current business activities.
- Function as point of contact resource for technical issues related to assigned program and delegates issues with guidance on resolution.
- Be C5 Systems Technical spokesperson to Customers as required.
- Develop cost estimates in response to RFQ's and RFP's related to the assigned project.
- Be a strong Leader for C5 Systems in support of doing what is right and working issues cross-functionally by elevation or collaborative.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
- BSEE and or significant project and system architecture experience in relevant areas to L3Harris current and future business strategy.
- Require at least 10 years prior satisfactory experience as a Project engineer or program manager, preferably in similar sized division in closely related Maritime industry.
- Navy or related military experience is required.
- Shipyard and/or ship integration experience is a plus.
- Must have prior supervisory experience and have the ability to motivate people to excel individually and as a team in a fast paced work environment.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written are necessary
- Expert knowledge of System Engineering, Architecture and Design components of naval ship systems.
- Electrical and electro-mechanical design experience for military environments requiring environmental qualifications.
- Strong working knowledge in multi-platform, multi-driver, multiple integrated system solution for Navigation, display, announcing, communication solutions.
- Working knowledge of hardware and software based network systems, communications, embedded systems and systems integration environments
- Working knowledge of MIL-SPECS, DOD regulations and practices, Job Cost accounting, and Critical Path management systems. Familiarity with spreadsheet programs and their use. Well versed in Microsoft project management tools, VISIO and Microsoft office applications.
- Ability to work cross functionally internally and externally.
- Experience in the use of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools is desired
- 15-20% travel is anticipated