Our Facilities Engineering group works on a wide range of diverse, cutting edge oil and gas projects; from a small well tie-in to a large multi-million dollar SAGD facility.
Due to the tremendous growth of our Facilities Engineering group we are looking for several experienced Project Engineers who are interested in working on challenging, fast-paced, and diverse projects.
Reporting to the Manager of Project Engineering, you will be responsible for coordinating with the various internal disciplines, as well as the client to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Client interactions and single-point technical interface;
- Guiding and coordinating the activities of the assigned engineering and design staff;
- Coordinating with the various internal disciplines for initiation of performing complex engineering tasks including detailed calculations as required by the project;
- Develop the Project Design Basis Memorandum and assist in the development of execution plan, budgets and schedules
- Preparing P&IDs and Plot Plan
- Ensuring appropriate multi-disciplinary review of project documents; approve all technical deliverables;
- Conducting engineering quality control to meet WSP and Client quality standards;
- Timely project reporting.
Our successful candidate will hold an engineering degree. We are looking for a candidate who has experience working as a Project Engineer on Gas Plant Projects in the Oil and Gas industry; ideally you will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role. In addition you will also have:
- Superior communication skills;
- Proven track record of working effectively with both internal and external clients;
- Have a proven ability to multi-task and efficiently respond to changing priorities;
- Familiarity with CSA Z662 and ASME B31.3;
- P.Eng designation in Alberta.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).