Position: Project Engineer
Location: Wixom, MI, United States
Duration: Full time
Job Description: - The ideal candidate must have have prior experience within the Injection Molding industry. Be capable of leading large, complex developmental programs, from product design through the development of manufacturing processes. Engineering background required and operations experience is desired.
* The project engineer's responsibilities include schedule preparation, pre-planning and resource forecasting for engineering and other technical activities relating to the project.
* Ensure project plan is moving forward to meet anticipated deadlines
* Provide a single point of contact for the customer and WPI management team providing leadership during the development efforts to create a seamless customer experience.
* Coordinate, communicate, and lead project teams, utilizing standard project management processes to successfully develop and transition programs from design through commercialization.
* Participate in business development issues such as supply agreements, long-term agreements, cost reduction requests, cost sharing requests, pricing negotiations, account reviews, etc.
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
* Minimum of 4 years* experience in engineering, project management, manufacturing operations or equiv.
* Project engineering experience in plastic injection moulding or related industry, including budget management and cross functional team experience.
* Experience working with industry customers preferred.
* Plastics , Medical Devices, Automotive.
Injection Moulding industry. We want plastic injection moulding experience and project engineer experience.