5 - 7 years experience •
Overall Coordination of projects assigned by Plant Engineer to support meeting and/or exceeding established plant goals.
- Develops detailed project plans, presents plans to management, and executes plans in a timely manner.
- Implements all capital projects for the Plant
- Defines and maintains all drawing and work flow documentation of Plant operations.
- Leads the plant implementation team in implementing new products and/or processes; participates in company IP calls and communications.
- Performs time studies and identifies standard operating practices.
- Assists in defining improved process flows to support the plant operations and continual improvement process.
- Actively participate on assigned teams and/or projects.
- Support and represent company as a union-free environment
- Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
- Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
- Role model CITE and Working in Teams principles
- Perform other tasks as directed by direct supervisor
This position has no supervisory requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or related discipline; extensive work experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing project engineering experience; wood related preferred.
- Must have experience in material flows, continuous improvement practices; and process analysis.
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma training is a plus
- Excellent personal computer skills in a network environment; Microsoft products experience preferred - Outlook-Word-Excel-Extensive MSProject software experience.
- MS Project software proficient
- Auto-Cad light proficient
- Track record of successful project management
- Experience working in a team environment and in leading teams.
- Management style must be consistent with CITE Principles
- Strong planning/Organization & Time Management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business and technical journals and financial reports. Ability to listen and communicate effectively withcustomers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public. Ability to develop presentations to be delivered to production team, plant level team, or public groups.
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication or division to basic manufacturing performance recording or financial performance recording. Ability to read and use a tape measure.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required tostand and walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Typical indoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate tohigh and hearing protection may be required on the production floor. Safety glasses are required on the production floor. Some out-of-town travel is required. Occasional weekend work required.