McKim & Creed is a unique, employee-owned firm. First and foremost, we value people. This means we not only hire great talent, we've also created an environment where each individual can grow, flourish and apply innovative thinking. As a result, we've created a world-class team of professionals within a nimble organization. That's what our clients want. That's why we succeed. Our clients hire us because of our people.
McKim & Creed has a reputation for state-of-the-art design of facilities that treat, preserve and conserve the earth's finite water resources and optimize existing infrastructure and resources. Our highly respected teams of engineers and surveyors are committed to the innovation, sustainability and resource efficiencies that lead to a cleaner, safer and more sustainable future while helping communities leverage their infrastructure.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Water team. If you want to work at a company that will help you become the best you can be, we're glad you found McKim & Creed.
- Provides technical and design services in support of municipal engineering projects of all types that relate to utility infrastructure (water and wastewater), stormwater management, system modeling and project planning.
- Responsibilities include: conduct preliminary and final engineering evaluations, prepare various reports, produce design drawings, prepare technical specifications, and prepare permit submittals for municipal engineering projects.
- Must be able to work as part of a project team.
- Responsible for various tasks on several concurrent projects and must be able to follow these tasks through to completion within the allocated period of time and the monetary budget assigned.
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering with FL PE registration or the ability to acquire a FL PE quickly via reciprocity
- 5-10 years of experience in municipal engineering water and wastewater design.
- Modeling experience using WaterCAD, SewerCAD, StormCAD, ICPR and/or SWIMM is preferred but not required.
- Proficient with Autodesk Civil3D.
- Technically competent, a team player and good communications ability required.
- Must be self-motivated and work independently to complete work assignments.
- Have proficient knowledge of modeling in utility design including stormwater, water and wastewater and good understanding of current rules and regulations associated with civil design elements
- May or may not require a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.