Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Our Northeast region is looking for a Project Engineer
to join the ever-growing Water Business Group in Pittsburgh, PA
. As Project Engineer, lead technical and production work on water treatment, wastewater treatment and pumping systems during the planning, design and construction phases throughout the region. Specific responsibilities will include:
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Completing assigned study, design and construction engineering tasks by working closely with senior project engineers and project managers
- Performing design calculations, alternative analyses, and economic evaluations
- Capturing and compiling data
- Developing water and wastewater system designs
- Assisting with coordination of multi-disciplinary design projects
- Administering meetings and workshops, including pre-bid, pre-construction, and project progress meetings.
- Maintaining open communication with project team members
- Assisting with project management tasks for water/wastewater projects
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Current Professional Engineer (PE) license
- 8-12 years of experience in the planning, design and construction of water and wastewater treatment facilities
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within a team and independently
- Focus on client service
- Devise approaches to problem resolution
- Ability to think proactively and take ownership of your work
- Willingness to observe construction activities and complete field investigations
- Willing and able to travel to project sites and client meetings as needed (primarily day trips)
Being the best we can be is in our culture. We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come. Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business. Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.