Project Engineer personnel are responsible for the overall safety, direction, completion, and financial outcome of waterworks construction projects from initial budget through project closeout. Safety is the number one priority at PLW, and Project Engineer personnel are expected to promote and exemplify safe work practices. Project Engineer personnel are expected to work with all people in all levels of Project Management and Field Supervision to establish operational priorities and ensure a quality project. Project Engineer personnel are expected to maintain positive and effective working relationships with both internal and external members of the Project Team and support departments.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by identifying and exceeding client needs with the support and direction from a Project Executive or Senior Manager
- Estimate, value engineer and develop project budgets with the support and direction from a Project Executive.
- Facilitate the subcontractor bid process to include processing, distribution and tracking of all project bidding documentation.
- Ability to utilize software programs and templates to process, distribute and track all project documentation
- Perform following duties with support and direction from a Project Executive.
- Negotiate subcontractor and material buyout; develop and negotiate subcontracts
- Manage Submittal and RFI process
- Plan and schedule projects
- Manage project costs through the ongoing evaluation of labor, material and equipment; continue to forecast and analyze construction costs, exposures and profits through project completion.
- Perform project closeout.
- Provide leadership through building relationships, motivating others, providing clear direction, and cooperative teamwork. Communicate effectively; both written and verbal with support and direction from a Project Executive or other Senior Management.
- Interact with clients and potential clients to identify and pursue potential work.
- Prepare and participate in client presentations and project interviews; negotiate and secure new business under direct and close supervision.
- Initial project assignment to be in the Midland area and Project Engineer will be assigned to Central Texas Division.
- B.S. in Construction/Engineering or related technical area
- 5+ years of experience.