Project Engineer, Water Resources
This consulting engineering role applies technical skills and leadership of planning, design and management of municipal water and wastewater systems including treatment facilities, pipelines, pump stations, and related infrastructure.
- Provides technical leadership on small- to medium-sized projects and task leadership on larger projects for municipal water and wastewater clients.
- Performs engineering calculations and prepares detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Gathers information, develops and evaluate alternatives, and prepares engineering reports.
- Interacts with clients, local and remote MNS staff, permitting agencies and other consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects.
- Supports project management activities associated with the planning and execution of municipal engineering projects.
- Supports local efforts and teams identifying, pursuing and winning new projects and work.
- Develops broad knowledge and skills in a specific practice area.
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform a task or sequence of tasks for conventional projects with few complex features.
- Collaboratively uses judgment to determine adaptations in methods for non-routine aspects of assignments.
- Works on small projects or portions of larger projects.
- Assigns tasks to and coordinates work with entry-level engineers, technicians, or administrative staff.
- Assists in determining schedule and budget requirements.
- Receives direction on unconventional and/or complex problems, and possible solutions.
- Receives a thorough review of completed work for application of sound professional judgment, and performs review of other engineering products.
- Performs review of other engineering products
- Travels frequently to work sites and client locations to meet with clients to review project requirements and work in progress.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited program
- Professional Engineer License or ability to take the exam within one year of starting the job
- Minimum, 2 years of experience as an Engineer in Training, 5 years minimum experience
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license and be insurable by the company's insurance carrier
- Microsoft Office
- Autodesk suite including Civil 3D
- Hydraulic modeling for networks and surface flow, etc.
- Job Tracking ID: 201802231WLVWAT