Detailed design activities include preparation of component, subassembly and main assembly Creo (Pro/E) models; creating detailed fabrication drawing packages; evaluating and selecting purchased components; creating detailed Bills of Materials and completing equipment datasheets. Establishes model structure and drawing tree architecture for distinct deliverables and is responsible for establishing and maintaining file naming conventions and Windchill folders. Directs the activities of less experienced team members to produce final product. Provides checking support for deliverables. Design activities are conducted following regimented quality assurance / quality control procedures.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience in related field.
- Must demonstrate expert proficiency with Creo (Pro/E) and Windchill is required.
- Familiarity with other 3D systems (Microstation, CATIA, SolidWorks or equal), 2D software (AutoCAD preferred) and Autodesk Revit a plus.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience leading small groups of designers a plus.
- Demonstrated capability in the design of custom equipment and/or containment systems, development of design documentation including fabrication drawings, equipment datasheets.
- Experience in the DOE and NNSA market segments a plus.
- Hands-on experience with fabrication techniques is a plus.
- Degree Requirements: Associates Degree (Preferred)
- Client projects for this position require US Citizenship.
- Must have the ability to acquire a security clearance.
- Local candidate preferred.
- Previous experience working with multiple DOE facilities in Oak Ridge is required.