At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR currently has an opening for an Project Engineer in our Austin, TX office.
- Coordinate work with client and utility owners to ensure project schedules are met and are in compliance with federal state and local laws and regulations.
Participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance.
- Conduct schematic, design development and contract document work sessions at project site in conjunction with all disciplines.
- Design and review utility relocation plans ensuring UAR compliance and according to assigned alignment.
- Coordinate workload through entire project development and complete documents on schedule.
- Work with the Project Manager, Regional Controller and Department Manager or Managing Principal for project reviews with corporate management as needed.
- Responsible for handling multiple projects on tight construction letting schedules and must be able to seek creative solutions to resolving utility conflicts.
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelors degree in engineering required.
- PE Required.
- 5+ years of related experiencerequired.
- Proficient in Microstation and/or knowledgeable of AutoCAD.
- Experience in utility relocation, roadway, or drainage design.
- Familiar with TxDOT specifications
- Must be able to identify and resolve utility conflicts in the most feasible and time sensitive manner.
- Strong communications, scheduling and presentations skills.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Master's degree preferred #LI-ME1
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way